Are There Any Good Books About Mvps?

Has anyone read any of the Dysautonomia books out there? If so, were any of them any good? I was just on Amazon.com and found several, but all the reviews made me leary. Some were over the top like "this is the best book ever", while other said "that it was all fake and the author wasn't even a doctor". All of this about the same book!! ARGH!!!

Just curious.........

Bec

As I mentioned in your previous post, there is one titled "The Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome/ Dysautonomia Survival Guide," by Durante, Durante, Furiasse, and Watkins; available from Amazon.

Also, there are several general research papers that you can print out, available in full at www.dynakids.org under resources.

I read that one... It's great. There are explanations in there that I had never heard before- even from Mayo. It made alot of sense and it finally dawned on me what I was doing wrong that was making me sicker! I was running around like a maniac because of the high epi in my body and then crashing. I even thought "why can't my employees enter data this fast? I can do the job in half the time it takes them!" and I would get really frustrated. Now I understand that I run a level higher and that is part of the dysautonomia. I would highly recommend that book!!!

Also, MVPS is generally considered the same as NCS, and POTS. So check out the downloadable book on the www.NDRF.org website. All of my docs have liked that so far and I can even understand it pretty well. (Although I have to be honest, I STILL haven't read the whole thing. B) )

UnicornIsis

I agree with the ones above as well as the one written by Lynn Fredrickson RN. She was a co-founder with Dr. Watkins to found the Autonomic/Mitral Valve Prolapse Center of Alabama. Hers was one of the first books out there to help understand the syndrome. It is a good basic start. The others are good also. They have stories from other patients, you can relate to so many of them. There is also one written by another RN who was part of a MVP/Dysautonomia program that they used to have running in Ohio in one of the hospitals in Cincinnati.

I have read them all and found just reading others stories has helped give me hope that you can get back to a place of living as normal as possible with what you have. B)