Clonidine

Here's a question: How long did it take you to aclimate to Clonidine? I am having success taking it at night, but if I try and take it in the AM, it is a whole different experience. I cannot navigate doorways (whoa- where did that wall come from? :( ) and it is like trippin' out on something like Versed. I took it at work, because I didn't want to be alone the first time I took it. Big mistake!! :unsure:

Anyway, the pharmacist said that your body gets used to it and it loses that effect. Did anyone else have this? How long did it take? Its taking away my nausea and I'm just dying to be able to take more!! :angry:

Luvs

I was taking clonidine and had some of the same problems, so I talked to my cardio, and I changed to the patch form. It been working so much better then the pill as it stays in you system, and yet there are no dips form taking a pill two times a day plus someday I never took the pills at the same time. The pacth os a seven day patch, so I only change it once a week. It so much beter for me. I am not sure if it would help or not, but it an idea for you. :unsure:

Amy

i didnt last long on clonidine. zonked me out and i had hallucinations on it.

hope your experience is better than mine and that it begins to help you! (but it sounds like so far your body doenst like it as much as i mine didnt!)

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who had a crazy experience on Clonidine. When I was first diagnosed with POTS at Mayo-Rochester, they had me take it over the weekend. I had a hard time explaining to them the crazy ways it made me feel. It gave me really bad head rushes as well and they at least understood that and took me off of it. Maybe if you stick it out those side effects will go away. The head rushes were just way too strong for me to continue taking it.

hahaha!!! oh my gosh kitsakatsa! haha. geez. hmmm, out of the india, boat, and haunted house, i'd prefer to be somewhere other than any of those places. perhaps they make clonidine in different chemical form specific to the likeness of what ''location'' you want to permanently psychologically be! haha. hmm, wonder if they make one that'll send me to a tropical island! hahaha.

yeah, i thought i was dreaming at first, but i was actually awake in bed and saw an old man lying on my floor dying every night. at least you got a boat ride and trip to india!... i got stuck with some dying, decaying old man! hahahahaha!

all joking aside, clonidines side effects are serious. anyone experiencing stuff like this should TELL THEIR DOC. once i told my doc, he took me right off of it. i was scared to tell him about seeing dead people cuz i thought he'd think i was out of my head and that i didnt have POTS but what just a crazy person! thankfully he took it seriously, and didnt think i was crazy and was glad i told him what what going on. dangerous med!!

Oh, okay- thanks!

I had a really hard night last night and thought that my apartment was under seige. (I live overlooking an active air force base and they were flying last night). My boss scared me this morning because she said that my eyes and my face were changing every time she glanced at me and that in 1/2 time I looked totally different. I really think I'd better have my blood pressure checked if I'm going to be on this. A dead man though- Wowza! You had it rough! I'm starting to think my pill bottle is really a Jumanji game and flying monkeys will come out any sec. I'll check with my doctor. Thanks for the tip!!!!!