Blood Volume - Partial Results

Okay, the doctor's secretary called me with the results and said there is a 10% deficit in my blood volume test.

I know from reading this forum that I should have three results, one for total blood volume, one for red blood cells, and one for blood plasma. I asked her to fax me the results so I could see them. (She needed to get them off of the doctor's desk. That's why she didn't know the three scores.)

She also said the doctor is willing to prescribe the fluorinef if I want it. I said okay.

I know fluorinef has been discussed MANY times before. I'm being lazy here (in not doing a search).

If you take fluorinf, what is your dose and how are you doing? There are probably as many different answers as there are patients taking this med. I just want to know how you are all doing? Are you taking a potassium supplement with it? If so, what brand, what dose.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I feel vindicated. I'm actually happy to know that some numbers in a test came out abnormal. After all, how many people walking the street could lose 10% of their blood volume and feel all right? The question I now have is WHY? How come my body does not make enough blood? So weird?!

HI!

dont' know much bout blood volume...

but just wanted to give my 2 cents--regarding being on florinef:

it is steroid--and you need to increase your potassium/magnesium/calcium--as drug will deplete you of these.

i think best intake of potassium---in food sources.

know bananas, sweet potatoes, tomato juice high sources...but do web search--and you can find list for potassium rich food.

if taking prescription==potassium comes in MEQ'S---AND 1 MEQ == 75 mg of potassium.

so--10 MEQ==750 mg....and 20 MEQ==1500 mg potassium.

i read on net...we need bout 3000 mg potassium/day....but i do not know for sure.

((((hugs)))))

Maggee

Okay, the doctor's secretary called me with the results and said there is a 10% deficit in my blood volume test.

I know from reading this forum that I should have three results, one for total blood volume, one for red blood cells, and one for blood plasma. I asked her to fax me the results so I could see them. (She needed to get them off of the doctor's desk. That's why she didn't know the three scores.)

She also said the doctor is willing to prescribe the fluorinef if I want it. I said okay.

I know fluorinef has been discussed MANY times before. I'm being lazy here (in not doing a search).

If you take fluorinf, what is your dose and how are you doing? There are probably as many different answers as there are patients taking this med. I just want to know how you are all doing? Are you taking a potassium supplement with it? If so, what brand, what dose.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I feel vindicated. I'm actually happy to know that some numbers in a test came out abnormal. After all, how many people walking the street could lose 10% of their blood volume and feel all right? The question I now have is WHY? How come my body does not make enough blood? So weird?!

I'm on Flornief .1mg a day. I don't know if that's enough to do anything because I haven't had any results positive or negative. I take it with potassium 40 meq (?) I can't tolerate 2x a day because it give me migraines.

I will re evaluate in a few months wether I'll will continue it or not.

I hope you find the answers you need. My doc thought it would help with the fatigue and increase my volume

Dayna

your so welcome,hun.... :) !!!!

never been on florinef....

but was on cortef...a steroid..for possible adrenal problem.

know, also, bout florinef...is got to eat salt with it...so i've read...[?]

i used to eat salt enuf for a cow....lol!....but since i've been on beta blocker-inderal...i don't need as much salt....prob 1/10th of what i did before.

my uneducated conclusion==is some steroids make u retain salt...thus increasing BP and blood volume.

my observation, only, as, cortef did that to me also....but had no effect on tachycardia, as it is used for adrenal probs.

off it now...i hope forever.

endo said...florinef...not as many long term side effects, as many other steroids.....if we want to believe him????>>>LOL!!!

JUST DUNNO, who to believe....as we are all so tired of so many doc's....yada...giving us meds, and uneducated directions--or no direction.

anyways, let us know how you do, futurehope!!!!...with florinef...!!!!

i'm going to see dr. grubb...but got to wait til february...so Lord only knows if florinef is in my future :rolleyes:

(((hugs))))), again hun....have a good nights sleep, i hope...and a better than average day tomorrow.

[our prayer, each day....] :)

Maggee

Futurehope,

I have been taking .1 mg of florinef for eight years. It increased my blood pressure and eliminated the fainting, which was a big improvement. I was very happy with it.

I don't take potassium supplements, but eat a healthful diet of nuts, avocados, tomato products, yogurt and fruits and veggies (those are the list of foods that are high in K).

I do have to eat salt and drink water or I feel weak.

However, I am hoping to get off the florinef, as the long-term side effects are quite serious. My doctor never mentioned any side effects, but I bruise easily, cuts don't heal for months, I feel muscle weakness, and am concerned about possible mental problems (included in the list of side effects,"extreme psychotic episodes"!!!) :)

:rolleyes:

"The mind set on the spirit is life and peace." -Ellen