Ny/julian Stewart

I've not been to his office, but I did meet him at a conference, and he is very personable. You can find research from him referenced on the main DINET site (sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record in posting this statement, but many times the answers to questions can be found either there or by doing a search of the archives of prior posts).

Also, his information is listed in our physician directory--so my suggestion is the fastest way to get your questions answered is to simply call and ask his office.

Nina

Thanks! I appreciate you understanding--I don't want people to think I'm being short with them--although I'm SHORT :rolleyes: (I'm under 5 feet tall, so my mouse name may make more sense).

Nina

funny you mentioned the two week thing with the meds. when i emailed the coordinator of the research, she said that he wanted me off beta blocker for two weeks prior to me being studied. i thought that dr. stewart meant like stop all my meds for two weeks, but what he really meant was to ween myself slowly off beta for two weeks - so i'd still be on the beta, but slowly tapering down the dose for two weeks. he wants me off everything starting two days before testing. so really i would only be off beta for two days, not two weeks. i dont know if that is what you thought he meant or not. but just to clarify. i wasnt going to do the study as well, cuz i didnt think two weeks being off beta was a good idea. but it's really only two days COMPLETELY off beta/meds....

I was going to do Dr. S' study but I had to be off all of my meds for two weeks... This was when I started to get really bad health wise and we knew that I just couldn't discontinue my meds for that long so we cancelled.