Report On The New Dr. In Boston.

jdqm

:) Today i had a dr appt in boston,a 1 1/2 hours drive from home. we left early, right after all the kids left for camp. good thing because in the lad of one way streets, we took every wrong one. (DH was driving) it was a beautiful day for a drive though, and we took the convertable. it was kinda funny watching my mom in the back seat, she looked like the unibomber all covered up in her pullover and hat and glasses.LOL.

when we got there i am so glad i took my wheelchair. we were hungry so we stopped in the building next door for lunch. while i was waiting i asked Spiro (DH) to go back to the car for my coat. it was so cold in the building. while he was gone i watched my BP go from 92 to 59 instantly. i knew i was a gonner! when he got back he looked at me and my moniter and tried to get me out of the chair onto the floor, but he was not fast enough. i passed out in the medical building next to boston medical center.

they of course called 911. can you believer that they needed paramedics to get me to the next building? so dumb. they wanted me to go tpo the ER but i insisted that i was supposed to be there for an appt in 30 minutes at the cardio for just the reason they were called. the EMT's had to go upstairs with me, how embarrasing!!

When i got in to see Dr Lelorier they did the usual chat, and he feels that the auto accident may be causing this to be worse. he thinks that it may also be neuro, so he ordered a full neuro workup as well. i need to have a MRI again here in springfield, and he wants another TTT and sweat and some others i forgot. he doubled my dose of midodrine. he asked about my having stopped taking the lexapro. he felt that possible the fact that i stopped it may be why i am worse. when i have the new tests, i will update this again. they want them done within the month.

Guest dionna

it is good that you seem to have a doctor who cares and others helping you.

dionna :)

ps . my most embarrassing paramedic story: i passed out while i was busy on the toilet and the paramedics came and saw me half naked laying on a PUBLIC bathroom floor! not to mention all the other women standing around staring- thinking i had died or something. so nothing else could embarrass me!

Glad things are going in the right direction!!!!! :) He's a great doc, so let me know how you make out!