Muscle Aches After Going Out

I have noticed that the few times i try to go out of the house i have major muscle aches (along with terrible fatigue) for at least 2 days afterwards. I also get a sore throat. Do any of you feel this way too? Could this be a sign of an underlying disorder or is it "just POTS"? I expect the dizziness and fatigue and tachy, but the muscle aches don't seem right.

Thanks for any insight... i thought at first that it was just me being tense and stressed trying to go into work, but recently it happened at an enjoyable family get together as well. I didn't do any activity more than sitting or lying down with my feet up the whole time, yet i feel like i ran a marathon!

Kristen

You are not alone, I get this too. Is it just the extra exertion physical and mental? I know that sitting upright for long periods can bring it on. I am not sure if it is POTS or CFIDS or both?

I have just been interstate for the weekend, took it easy but I am totally wrecked and it is now day 3 of recovery. My legs ache, my body aches, even my eyelids ache!

I can't explain it medically but it is real and it is a pain!!! :D

Could be fibromyalgia, which is probably also a sympathetic nervous system problem, too. Have you tried vitamin B12 injections? I read somewhere that vitamin B12 is a "scavenger" of proxynitrite, and thus it can interrupt the "vicious circle" that may underlie chronic fatigue syndrome and similar disorders. B12 shots are cheap, and will probably do no harm. But you have to beg the doctor for them.

http://molecular.biosciences.wsu.edu/facul...ll/pall_cfs.htm

The more I try to walk, stand or sit for periods of time, the more I ache. I also wake up this way everyday. I am not sure if it is POTS, which is in question, or CFIDS, or FM. I have hx of CFIDS, but these symptoms have been very dift. than what I have previously felt. I do believe I have developed more FM symptoms, as I have very specific pain locations as well-MD thinks this may be the case.

Bottom line is -this is one of my major symptoms and not sure why- legs always feel like cement, as well as the abdominal pooling, backache. I would attribute this to POTS? :D

Hey thanks for the great feedback, and letting me know i'm not alone...!

Suzanne-- thanks for the empathy! I still cannot tell what exactly causes it...if it's the physical stress of sitting up, or the mental concentration of keeping up with conversation or a combination of other factors i'm not thinking about. do you notice a pattern or trend with your symptoms? I haven't looked into CFIDS very much, but will do some research on it.

lthomas-- that's a really good insight. a friend of mine does research in that area specifically and mentioned B12 as something i might want to think about. At the time it was just a general suggestion about my multiple chemical sensitivity but if it would specifically help this symptom, i think it would be worth asking my doctor.

nadine-- i feel this way in the morning too! No matter how much sleep i get, i always wake up feeling like i can't move because of muscle aches. I usually "warm up" and feel better after a little while, but like i said, if i try to do any activity outside of laying around the house, i get the muscle aches more severely as a consequence over the next several days.

Guest dionna

yeah if i go anywhere! for any amount of time... i am totally drained and sore everywhere! i have to take a "nap" that sometimes lasts up to 12 hours or so. it will get so bad that i can't even stay awake even if i want to and try really hard to and i fall asleep with out realizing it and in a way it makes the sleep painful... that one sounds crazy yes... but it just hurts even more if i let it go that far... i don't know how to explain it. i usually have most of the nightmares i have during those times. sounds like a new topic i can post.

i hope your conditions leaves you not so sore and you get back to near the ideal "normal" (whatever that word means).

dionna :)

I have this happen too! Just wanted you to know your not alone.

We had a bbq at my house then watched the fireworks on the 4th...that night I hit the pillow and could not get up!!! Not even to go to the bathroom. My muscles hurt very much 2 days later.

Amber

I get the same thing......

I wake up with muscle and joint aches every morning, and they wax and wane throughout the day. Thsi happens no matter what my level of activity is. I figured it was related to POTS, but recently since most of my other uncomfortable symptoms have stabalized, I have been thinking about going in for EDS testing or fibro, i have alot of those symptoms as well.

Good luck! Hope you feel better