The Heavy Heart Continues

d4g7

I recently posted a post about 2 dear friends of mine passing away suddenly.

Now, I have a very close friend whom has had a milignant brain tumor removed, however, the operation left her without the ability to speak, or perform fine motor skills.

I can only wish it was me. I'm already damaged - she had her whole life in front of her, and she is reduced to asking for what she wants from a children't type picture book.

I should be me. She doesn't deserve it.

Oh, I'm so mad........ I just don't know who at!

I am so sorry. It seems like so many things are happening to you in such a short period of time.

Perhaps the universe knows that you are able to handle it - and that you are the best person there is to help your friend at this time in your life...

I wish I could give you a big hug and tell you that it will be all right - but those aren't assurances that any of us here on earth can give.

Please know you are in my prayers - you have so much value to the world and so many talents to share. Maybe because you are so intelligent you have such an inner strength - but you are so exhausted that the exhaustion is clouding your judgement....

You have a lot on your plate so TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!

Love you! Gayla

Gayla is right -- take care of yourself. That can be a very hard thing to do when you have been hurt badly. I struggle with this issue daily in the face of my husband's cancer. Some days it gets me down so low it is hard to get up. The only thing that helps me is to force myself to do something. This morning I rode my bike. At least that qualified as exercise.

Try every day to engage in some activity (could be reading agood book or watching a TV show, or working on a knitting project or even putting together a jigsaw puzzle) that will take your mind away from the troubles for a little while. It is like taking a little vacation from the pain and stress.

Guest Julia59

My heart felt thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend. I'm sorry to hear you also lost two dear friends. Sometimes life throws a big curve ball at you. This happened to me in 2002 after having surgery on my cervical spine in June---I lost my best friend in October, and my Dear Aunt who was like a mother to me all my life in January/2003.

Please don't wish your friend's health issues upon yourself------she wouldn't want this for you.

You will be there to support her, and find ways to help her. That's all you can do. It's hard to watch a friend go though all this-----but when it happend with my dear childhood friend Sandy when she was diagnosed with MS, I just let her know I was there for her, and helped the best way I knew how.

Your a good person---you will be needed to be there for your friend. This will be a period of grief and adjustment, but you can do this.

HUGS to YOU,

Julie :0)