Floaters

Guest veryblue

Guest veryblue

Does anyone here see floaters...lines or specks of black dots in their field of vision when outside or in bright light? I've had floaters for a while cuz I am totally nearsighted...yeah I wore glasses since I was 8 but seem to notice more now...dpoes this mean I had nerve damage to my eyes?

As everyone else here has said, floaters are very common. They can occur from vitreous changes as we age, or due to things like concussion. Completely harmless. If you're not certain or if you have sudden visual changes, go to the doctor.

Nina

Edited by MightyMouse

I'm not sure I know what you mean by floaters. Is it something on the eye itself, or something that you see that isn't there? If it's the latter, I've had them for years, and I am also very near-sighted. Sometimes they are white, and sometimes they are black with a ring of black, kind of like when the moon eclipeses (?spelling?) the sun. If it's the former, I haven't had them, and don't remember anyone who has ever mentioned them. :angry:

My floaters are a result of a concussion i got a few years back--my eye doc explained it as knocking a bowl of jello really hard, and it split in places and folded onto itself a bit, causing some spots within my visual field. I suppose mine are more vitreous changes than true floaters. According to my doc, they are both quite common.

Nina