Almost Passed Out...

So, I was on my way to an apptmt. It was scheduled at 3pm and me needing to sleep half the day away, got up at 10 of 3, so I had to run out the door. It's pretty warm out today, but anyhow I had the palpitations but I felt okay at that point. So then, I'm driving and start to feel like I'm going to pass out. I pulled on the side of the road and took a Midodrine. After fretting about the side effects I decided it was time to take it....I'm going to let you guys know how I make out with it. I'm waiting for side effects, so we'll see what happens........ :wub:

Jacquie

Sorry you felt that way- you def. did the right thing by pulling over!

I find that when I have to wake up quickly (i.e. I've overslept), the sort of adrenaline surge or whatever it is that goes with it makes my heart start pounding and my head start spinning within a few minutes of getting up (though it's normally enough to get me dressed and out the door quickly, so I guess it's a double-edged sword). Don't know if it's adrenaline or hormones, just standing and moving too quickly, or a combo of both.

I'll be interested to know how you feel with the meds- I haven't gotten any yet (still waiting for my new insurance card to arrive), and I'd like to have more opinions before I go back to the Dr.

are you ok now? did you make it home safely driving while feeling like that??

so sorry that you are feeling like poo. feel better soon dear

linda

Hi, I didn't seem to notice anything too bad..I have a post im going to put up..:)

Guest tearose

Hope you are feeling better.

Please take care not to get yourself into a dangerous place...can you get up slower next time please :)

And drink some water and put on some compression!

Looking forward to hear how the new meds are working for you!

best regards, tearose