Side Effects From Potassium

Hi,

I have 20mg of k-dur that I was rx after a blood test that was taken the same day I had an epiosde. Other blood tests prior over the course of the year was good.

I noticed when I took the k-dur after about an hour or so I felt agitated,,anxious. The next day the same thing. I stopped taking it then. I was going to try again tomorrow since I can better manage on the weekends then when I am at work with kids.

Anyone experience side effects from potassium or maybe this was just an incidental that happened.?

Thanks. :D

similar to ernie...GI upset is the only problem i've ever had with K-Dur. of course nothing is impossible, but i've never heard of any other side effects from potassium....

:D melissa

I just get GI upsets, which is common side effect.

If you aren't having any other side effects like muscle cramps, GI issues, heart rate changes then I would stay on it and consider that it's more likely that the agitation and anxiety were from some other cause. Of course, if it continues check with your Dr!!