Update From Persephone

So near and yet so far! 75% of the degree is done now- woo de woop!

Just the dissertation left but I am finding my concentration is really all over the place! My pots symptoms are better though.

No wheelchair at all (well, once, last week when I had to sit like an elf on the pavement and my friend Chloe had to go back to the flat and get my wheelchair).

I seem to be going through a better spell in terms of it being more even- less extreme. My blood pressure is not flatlining at the moment which is really good; I've not had any anoxic seizures in a while either which is really positive because they are just the worst. And I haven't had to take any angina meds for a few weeks now. God, when I think back on those episodes last term- just horrific. I actually felt like I would die. And I know for a fact that when I passed out, I had no pulse and was NOT breathing. Thank goodness things are better now.

But I've had two funny flu episodes in the last couple of weeks and my joints have been TERRIBLE. My wrists have subluxated twice and I almost broke my fingers fainting last week which was not so good. But I feel a lot better than I did last term. I no longer fear the sound of the dreaded sirens every time I go out :rolleyes:

I'm still a long way from normal, and a heck of a long way from the life I used to have in Scotland, but I *WILL* do this **** degree if it KILLS me!!! The English faculty continue to be fabulous- they have a biscuit tin with reserves just for me in case I run out of steam over there, and are letting me keep a hot water bottle there too, as well as my ergonomic chair in the library with hte jazzy footrest. Mmmmmmmm. NICE. At least there are SOME nice people in the world!

Oh, and I may have forgotten to tell you? I have been offered a partial scholarship to stay on in Oxford- ?9,000 over 3 years, which basically means my university fees (but not my livingcosts) will be covered. Things may just be starting to look up...

Hey,

Congrats on the scholarship!!! :rolleyes:

Guest tearose

This is just so incredible!!!

You are doing so well and I am so happy and proud of you!

You are rising up above the POTS and making great things happen in your life.

I can remember not too long ago being on the cheering committee encouraging you to hang in and keep trying.

I am getting teary and like a "family member" recollecting where you've been and how you have overcome!

I know I will be raising my mug to you as you reach your goal!!! :rolleyes::):)

happily, tearose

Oh Tea, your posts always make me smile- so warmhearted and generous. I'd love to meet you one day. Have you put your picture on the forum yet?

I'd love to see what you look like- I have an image in my head of someone with smiling eyes and a big kind smile- I bet the picture would prove me right :)

Guest tearose

shucks, now I'm blushing....

okay, my computer talented son comes home from school on Thursday so I'll have his help to figure out how to post on the faces thread...finally...

this way if I sit in the crowd at your graduation, you'll know who I am! :)

WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so proud of you babe!! you have overcome such dreadful circumstances and you are a true inspiration to me especially.

my mum also says hi, and how amazed she is at you.

love you loads and loads and loads.

congrats on the scholarship, has this got anything to do witha certain famous attractive scottish actor?

Ok can we party soon?

huge hugs and sloppy kisses

becky x x x x x x x :P