Doc Apptmt. Info

Hi Everyone!

So, I saw my doc today and we decided to try a few things....We switched my Toprol XL to the short acting Metoprolol (for various reasons, but mostly because I need it to not stay in my system as long)..

As for the Florinef issue (massive headaches) we have decided to lower my dose to .05 mg twice a day and see if that helps me and doesnt cause the headaches...He said that it may be too low of a dose, but we are going to see. If that doesn't help he gave me an RX for Midodrine 10mg 2 to 3 times a day.

What doses have others been started at? (Referring to the Midodrine)

As for the study update I am going to still have it with my neurologist, because for me to be in the study at my cardio's hospital I would have to see a neuro there and it would be a longer wait, so I am going to stick with what I planned on doing. :)

Good to hear your research dilemma seems to be solved! Never been on Midodrine so can't help you there- maybe someone else can chime in?

Carmen

I hope making the changes will help you feel better. As for the Midodrine I started at 5 mg 2 times a day, I was even at a point where I took 2.5 mg 6 times a day it was a cleveland clinic thing they wanted to try. I did the best at 2.5 mgs 3 times a day I took it at 7 am, 1 pm, 6 pm.

I wish you the best! :)

Amy