Just Started Wellbutrin Xl

DSM3KIDZ

Well I've been sick for pretty long now and wanted to kick this reactive depression in the butt so I melted down and decided to try another antidepressant.........Wellbutrin XL 150mg. I saw on the mainpage it's one of the drugs that help with the CNS.

I'm only on day two but already see some benefits. It's not like the SSRI's I tried were I feel deadly.

I have a mild headache and alot of anxiety which I'm controlling with the xanax till I adjust to it. But I have no extra nausea with is AMAZING for me.

Has anyone had a positive experience on this drug? I did a search and there was barely any posts on it.

I don't want to dwell on the negitives so please only post if you had a positive experience so i can have some hope not added anxiety of horror stories.

Thanks and I hope everyone is at least trying to enjoy the day.

dayna

I am curious about this drug too- I have anxiety and now reactive depresison issues, and like you I react horribly to SSRIs. Let me know how it goes - I have been looking for something low dose to take daily to help instead of relying on Ativan.

Good luck!

hi dayna -

i don't have a "positive" experience to pass on per se but just thought i would let you know that i had no problems on wellbutrin. i took it for maybe 3 months. it was years ago & we tried it to see if it would help regulate my autonomic fluctuations. it didn't cause me any difficulties but didn't bring about any notable improvements either so we didn't keep it up. i can't recall what dose i was on.

i do recall dr. grubb saying that it helped some people quite a bit though in terms of autonomic issues.

perhaps in addition to helping with depression it will bring about that added benefit....i hope so!

:( melissa

• 1 month later...

Dayna,

Hello! I was wondering what your experience has been with Wellbutrin?

Dr. Grubb just prescribed this for me as well. (for nervous system)

Thanks,

Lisa

I haven't taken it, but I had bad experiences with many others. I started celexa in feb and it was hard at first but it took about 3 months of hanging in there and have had much improvement. I think sometimes it takes awhile to get used to it. I hope all goes well and you are feeling better soon.

Kim

lalasia I'm having a really good experience with it. At first I had headaches but after 1 month that settled down to the normal migriane pattern for me. Emotionally I'm ALOT better which in return I think is helping with keeping my nervous system calmer.

My only complaint is I've gained alittle weight 5-10lbs. I don't know if it's from Wellbutrin or Flornief. But I definitely can feel a positive difference.

Dayna

Dayna,

I'm so glad to hear that you are having some good effects from wellbutrin.

I appreciate you letting us know how it's going.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi,

I took Wellbutrin at one point to help wean off of Paxil. My experience was fine although I was on it for a short while. I lost about fifteen pounds during the duration of the treatment which my doctor said is a side effect of the pill. This could be taken as a positive!

Susan