Plaquenil

Hi,

I have a book I looked it up in........

possible benefits;

effective prevention and treatment of certain forms of malaria

effective in the management of acute and chronic rheumatoid arthritis in adults who have not responded to less toxic medicines

Possibly effective in management of chronic discoid and systemic lupus erythematosus

possable risks;

infrequent damage of cornel and retinal eye tissues

bone marrow depression

heart muscle damage

ear damage: hearing loss, ringing in the ears

uses;

treatment of Sjogren's syndrome

there is other uses too but didn't think you wanted to know

If you want to know anything else on this just let me know and I'll see if I can find the answer.

Amber

I've taken this drug in the past to treat my Lyme infection along with Biaxin. One of its effects is its ability to penetrate the cell wall for better antibiotic effectivness.....

I took Plaquenil for about four or five months. My doctor was trying it to see if my POTS/chronic fatigue symptoms improved. It takes at least three months to start working, so you have to stay on it to see results. I did not experience significant improvement, but it was worth a try. Since you have Sjogren's, which is an autoimmune condition, you should be helped by it. The drug somehow improves inflammation-related autoimmune diseases -- an accidental discovery made by a researcher who was treating maleria patients many years ago.

You have to make sure you get your eyes checked every six months while on this drug. In very rare instances, your vision can become impaired. But as long as you are followed by an eye doctor, it's nothing to fret over.

Amy