Ongoing Tests And Other Diagnoses?

rdslots

Well, I feel encouraged, and yet I don't.

Back in 2003, I was diagnosed with NCS in spite of a negative TTT. Was told all of the indicators were there, and that's what has been addressed since then. I have low BP, but it's 'normal' for me, and a slow HR, also 'normal' for me, and I wore a Holter monitor for a month, and just this past January had an implanted continuous loop recorder.

A short hospital stay about two weeks ago -- for chest tightness -- and a DR's visit later, I've been referred to a neurologist. The description of the chest pain was a clue, evidently, to the cardiologist that maybe I should be screened for MS.

Met with the neurologist, who concurred, given that I also have numbness in my arms/hands and feet/legs, blurring vision, and I have complained about 'wobbly' legs. I flunked two tests today -- looking at reflexes (both legs flew up at a tap above the left knee! LOL), and another I call "the sobriety test." I could get my left index finger to my nose, but the right one went to my glasses the first time, and touched my cheek the second. I also think I flunked the toe-heel-toe walk across the room, but he didn't say anything.

Neuro says maybe a problem at the base of the brain, or the thoracic skeleton. He had bloodwork done this afternoon, and I'm already scheduled for a battery of tests next week.

I want to know what's wrong with me, but I don't, you know? Is this how it goes sometimes? I feel like the poor dog chasing its tail. . . (sigh).

It's hard not knowing for sure what's causing our pain...........but scary to know the true dx as well.

Just wanted to let you know I understand how you feel.

I'm still waiting for the dx.

Good luck,

Amber