Neuros In Ohio

I wish I could help you, but I don't know any, but I sure do know a few not to go to!! I live close to Mansfield. You can pm me if want.

I dont think neurology as a whole is making any real effort to dig into the whole POTS thing. The only profession I've found to treat it is Cardiology. I've found neurosurgery to be very interested in it but if someone is'nt physicaly broke they can't fix it. Alot of narrow minded "God complex" neurologists will tell you its anxiety or a migrain. I had one tell me that Cleveland Clinic was a bunch of rich kids with new toys and they make up stuff so they can get funded to keep playing with them. He flat out said POTS, FM, and CFS was a bunch of crap and I should spend my money on a psychiatrist. Anyone living around here I'll be happy to tell you what dr's to save your money and time on.

Guest Belinda

I saw a neuro at University Hospitals in Cleveland..he is also a POTS specailist..Amer Alsheklee he can see you at the main campus or at the Westlake office.

Let me know if this helps or oyu need any other information...Good Luck!

Belinda

Here's information on Dr. Chelimisky from the Dinet physicians list. My daughter saw him, as have many from the forum, only problem is it might be a long wait to get in to see him.

Dr. Thomas Chelimsky, MD

Assistant Professor of Neurology

Director, Autonomic Disorders Division

Director, University Pain Center

Case Western Reserve University

Cleveland, Ohio

Phone: 216-844-3495

Fax: 216-844-7624

Autonomic Lab: 216-844-3496

Pain Center: 216-844-1476

Patti

Here's information on Dr. Chelimisky from the Dinet physicians list. My daughter saw him, as have many from the forum, only problem is it might be a long wait to get in to see him.

Dr. Thomas Chelimsky, MD

Assistant Professor of Neurology

Director, Autonomic Disorders Division

Director, University Pain Center

Case Western Reserve University

Cleveland, Ohio

Phone: 216-844-3495

Fax: 216-844-7624

Autonomic Lab: 216-844-3496

Pain Center: 216-844-1476

Patti

Yes, he is a great doctor, he only sees patients one day a week, so there might be some wait to see him, but when you do see him, he will get things going quick.

i see dr. robert shields at cleveland clinic - he's the head of the autonomic lab there - as a supplement to seeing dr. grubb. i've been pretty pleased with him though he isn't AS multi-disciplinary as dr. grubb by any means.

re: neuros being into dysautonomia, i think it simply depends. my doc in maryland was a neuro & my neuro at cc has been helpful as well...

:blink: melissa

Guest Belinda

Also Dr. Alsheklee is easier to get into and works with Dr.Chelimsky. You can schedule an appt. with him I believe directly through the contact for Chelimsky..

Good luck..Belinda

I am looking for a new neuro in ohio. Most likely in NW ohio but would consider other areas. I need to find one as the others didn't make the cut. :D

thanks

susie

Hi susie

I am in the same situation. I am waiting to see Dr. Hanna at MetroHealth. Dr. White (retired) was a great neuro at Metro and trained Dr. Hanna. I will let you know after I see him. By the way I am a Cleveland Clinic patient and Dr. Foud diagnosed me. Still on the hunt.