Eating

Traci

I'm having big problems after I eat.

My stomach gets so big. My veins disappear on my limbs. I get pain all over even on my face and neck, also my legs, arms, shoulder and back. My body feels heavy and tight from head to toe, like it's difficult to move. I get tachy after I eat, although it seems like I am tachy most of the time these days if upright.

I also get cold after I eat.

I've lost 15 pounds since I've become sick, I really can't afford to lose anymore weight, for I was fairly thin to begin with. It's a real concern, for eating has become so difficult.

Does anybody else experience these types of symptoms due to eating.

Traci

I had major problems with eating when I first got sick. My stomach used to swell up so large the skin hurt and I looked like I was six months pregnant. I lost 30 pounds and was in a size 0 before I began to figure out what I could and couldn't eat. I've learned that I don't do: chocolate, processed flour (like white flour) tomato, avacado, cheese, milk, ice-cream, pasta dishes, chinese food (I think because of msg), any kind of spicy food. Now I'm a healthier weight because I eat things that I know won't make me sick.

First, you really need to talk to your doctor about this if you haven't already. Have you tried restricting your diet to easy-to-digest things? Fatty fish, like salmon or trout is easy to digest. That's what I eat most often.

I really hope you can start eating again, I know when I was going through it I was miserable. It will get better though.

Hugs to you,

Lauren

I'm really dropping weight too right now. I feel full and pressure in my chest before I even start to eat, so I get in about 3 bites and I just can't eat any more.

I get tachy after eating and have to lie down a lot. My feet and hands get ice cold and my bp goes way up. If I sit up, my bp will go sky high and then my pulse and then I feel like I have to go to the bathroom. It's terrible. I am trying to eat, but am getting about 500 calories a day right now. Yikes.

Traci,

I am so sorry that things are so difficult for you. I wanted to second the ensure that Lauren mentioned and also say that if you can't stand the taste/consistency of ensure, you could try Boost. It is a little thinner in texture and for me, is easier to manage. Another good thing is to try to snack alot with small snacks through the day as you can, rather than having big meals. Hope you get some good suggestions. Laura

You've gotten great suggestions. I had the same problem for awhile. I found small, protein-rich meals with no sugar were best for me during this time. I also found my symptoms were better in the early evening and that is when I would eat my largest meal. Prepared "meals" like ensure are great when you do not have the energy to prepare nutritious food.

Take care,

Katherine

I drink a protein shake every morning called Jay Robb egg white protien.... Its all natural and does not have all that artifcial junk that those boosts and ensures do.... ANd does not have sugar in it either.

Its all protein though,,,,,

you can check it out on www.jayrobb.com

Wild Oats sells it or you can order it through the web site.

I blend it with rice milk, ice, and I add goat whey....