if you could be on an Olympic team

dizzygirl

Sophia, I'll walk down memory lane with you. I've loved horses as long as I can remember! I love the look of their movement, their smell and riding. When I was in fourth grade, my parents got me riding lessons for my birthday ( we were very poor as my dad was in graduate school at Stanford University) but they found a girl scout troop that I joined and I began to learn to ride. LOVED IT! Went to a summer camp at the same place. BUt, this was western riding. What I really wanted was english....

Then, I didn't ride again until college. I lived in a college town that was known for agriculture and it's vet school so they had a stable and horses. When I was a student I could get great prices and took riding english riding lessons for quite a while. That was soooooo fun! I advanced to some small jumping. And after the begining class, you were expected to go out to the field, catch your horse, clean and prep it, sadle and harness it and then clean it again after before letting it back into the pasture. I think I liked that process as much as riding! Oh.... what great memories!

When I took a trip to England (just before I was flattened with this illness) that was another dream come true. My dad took me, and I was determined to find a place to to go "Pony Trekking". I found a stable outside of Bath and had a great ride - though I was really sore as it had been a long time since I had riden!

Mmmmmm.... I can smell the stable as I write!

Thanks for the memories!!!!!

~Roselover

Tearose - I like the IV pole dancing competition idea! I'll enter! Hee hee..... How about curling? All you have to do is sweep.... ah but that standing up.... hmmmm... you know, cheering IS important! :-)

Just got home from my first try at swimming with POTS per Dr. Grubbs orders. It was a nice pool - olympic size. Kept a kickboard with me in case I had any trouble mid pool. But I have to say....

I was EXTREMELY tempted to climb up onto one of the starting blocks and dive in! Then I thought of this thread :-)....

~Rose