House Bound?

Suzanne

My worst fears are coming true. I have become housebound and find driving to be just about impossible. I feel spacey all the time, my body just aches, feel dizzy etc. No meds have helped. I just feel like a total loser not being able to function. I also have 3 kids to organise and it is so stressful trying to arrange lifts etc. Is anyone else in the same position?

Hi Suzanne~

I think for the most part we all are in that same situation or have been. I was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago and i know how hard it is. I have gone from all to nothing, work to bed, friends to being alone. And I can't imagine how u handle kids along with that?!? I can't even take care of my birdies B) Just keep your head up and I hope you can get out of the house, even if its just someone taking you for a short drive. I know now how precious life truly is, and the littlest things make me happy. Find what makes you happy, and run with it.

In my thoughts and prayers,

Nicole

i havent been able to leave the house for years now, i had no choice but to get used to it, that is if i dont want to get totally weighed down by depression and sadness. you learn to adjust eventually, but it is a huge adjustment, i cant imagine if i had to take care of children on top of being so sick, i hope you have some reliable help so you dont get overwhelmed by all the work,

radha

I am housebound these days.. have been now for a while.. I pretty much only leave the house to go to the docotors office.. and if i'm being admitted to the hospital.. (then i feel like I am on vacation! a diferent set of 4 walls to stare at!) sorry bad joke!

I feel for you and wish I had some words of encouragement.. only to hang on!!

I go to doctor's appointments, period. Rarely, my husband will take me for short drives to get me out of the house, but with the prices of gas, I can't justify that.

I don't have small children, but I used to be able to watch my 3 little grand kids and now I feel lucky if I see them once a month. :( And I can only handle that for a very short period of time. morgan

Hi,

I have two kids - ages 8 and 9. I try to do just a little during the day, so that I can be more "up" for them when they come home. My hubbie takes them to school, and we pay someone to bring them home. People at school have tried to rally and help me with rides for them to events and things like that.

We have learned to keep things simple, though, and miss quite a few outings. But I don't think that has been all bad. We have a lot of quality time, and they are in bed with me a lot, to read or play games. I don't think it is all bad. People say that the kids are well adjusted and happy and I'd have to agree.

I try to get out a little and that helps. Interestingly, I go to a rec center to use the recumbant bike there, and afterwards, I can ususally run an errand. Something about getting the blood circulating or something. And I try to walk my dog every day (short walk, though, poor thing).

Hang in,

Diana

Thank you all for your replies. It does make me feel that I am not alone. I can sense the acceptance and positive outlooks from you all. I hope I can get to that state soon. I am glad that you are feeling positive about your kids Dianne as I do worry that my kids will feel left out, or different.

I had a bad day today, finally admitted to myself that I am depressed, have anxiety, can't drive right now and best of all, admitted it to a mum I rang in desperation asking her to take my 10 year old to Oztag. I feel calmer and ready for the next step. Trying to hang on is so energy sapping. I am sure everyone around me can see I need help better than me.

On a positive note, I am appreciative of the opportunity to talk to my kids, especially the teenagers. I know if I was well, I would be so busy that I would miss these moments. :)