New to the Forum - Struggling with POTS

kitwhite

Hi folks; I'm new to the forum here although I've been reading the POTS Place web site for several years.

I was diagnosed with dysautonomia in June of 1998, although it took the Social Security Administration until July of 2003 to agree that it was debilitating. I've been on disability and the road to depression since then.

I've gained 55 pounds since 1998 and am sick of myself. Every exercise I do, including recumbent bike (and I OWN one as well as two other large pieces of exercise equipment) sends me into a tailspin. The recumbent bike does this less than the others; however, any kind of increase in my body temperature makes me dizzier than 'normal' and makes me want to quit for fear of passing out.

Have any of you run into this problem? How do you keep your weight down? I'm desperate and would appreciate any ideas you can offer.

Thanks much,

Kit

Welcome Kit! I have such exercise intolerance the P.T. said I was too weak for them to work on me! I have a recumbent bike and have started at just a couple of minutes a day. That's all I can handle.

I also have the opposite problem, I am losing weight and the doctor is getting upset. I weighed 160 a couple of years ago and am down to 100. So I can't offer you a lot of advice, just offer support. Again, welcome to our universe...morgan

Hi Kit,

I have gained 30 lbs since June, so I am in the same boat as you. I bought a pilates video...tooo bad I can't do half the stuff on it. I do it at home so if I feel dizzy I am right next to the couch. The Florinef I am on doesn't help either with the weight gain.

Jacquie

Thanks for the welcome, Morgan. I wish I had just a little bit of your problem; seems any increase in heart rate send me in a tizzy.

Best of luck to you as you struggle with this strange illness of ours.

Kit

Gosh, Jacquie! We're in the same boat; and my boat's gonna sink if I don't lose some weight!

Best of luck to you as we struggle with this strange illness; and if you do have any luck, let me know your secret!

Kit