Achey Feet

Jacquie802

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone else here has the same problem as I do... I notice that when I am on my feet for an hour or so, my feet begin to ache really bad...What causes this?? Does anyone else here have the same problem??? If so, what helps...? Thanks for any input.

Jacquie

You are able to stand that long?! Or, is it that you are walking around etc.

I have very achey feet, but I think mine is because I am so weak and out of shape from not being able to exercise.

Maybe its your shoes. Some people need supports. Ironically I think that the medical hose help because they move the edema that you might have in your ankles upwards. If you don't wear medical hose currently, that might help. I know that preggie women wear ted hose for the same reason.

Hi, that's def. from an hour of walking off and on. :blink: I could sit for 20 min. then walk around for 30 min. and then the aching comes in...It's soo painful! I have been sitting for a while now and it's still aching. Then the fatigue doesn't help at all... I think I am going to have my doctor check to see if I am anemic or something like that Tuesday. I have been fatigued for a long time, but never this bad. I also have been having alot of problems sleeping, so who knows?!? Thanks for the reply :)

Jacquie

Yes I have this problem too. I think that it is blood pooling in the feet for me. Do your calves hurt too when this happens? For me my feet hurt most, but my calves ache too. My feet turn purple and cold, and they have a really slow capillary refill so I am pretty sure it is the blood pooling. I wear waist high compression stockings which seem to help. Also, when I get home and can lay down, I put pillows under my feet to keep them elevated to help with the pooling. This seems to help a little bit. Nothing really completely gets rid of it for me, but these things help.