Uncontrolled anger

LindaJoy

Hi again,

Just wondering. ARound my period time and / or when my POTS is really bad (especially if it's causing my sugar to be consistently low), I have uncontrollable bouts of anger with frequent outbursts--well, about two a month, especially, as I said, right before my period--like one or two days before I start.

Does anyone else have this? If so, is it from the POTS? It seems, the older I get, the worse it gets.

Thanks.

LindaJoy

Guest Belinda

Could it be PMDD? Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder?

I did al little research on this..look it up and see what you think. It is just a worse form of PMS, but for soem reason it is worse maybe with more chemical changes around the time of the month.

Just an idea!

yes I also though of PMDD.. theya re finding that women can have this. instead of the regular old PMS.. whcih is bad enough!.. but if your having anger outburst.. during PMS time.. and feeling level w/ emotions at non-PMS times.. its worth looking into..talk to your Ob/gyn..I am considering talking to my ob/gyn...i have a problem before my period w/ anger ....well rages would be a more likely phrase o use....I know that a while back that I saw an advertisment on TV about this.. and thought that it sounded alot like me!!

oh and I'm sure that youalready know this.. but your POTS can tend to get worse around PMS-period time.. b/c they are hormonal changes going and stuff like that.. I know that for me.. I get much much more symptomatic during this time.. and tht I pass out more during this time of the month too..

Hope I didnt offend you by mentioning the PMDD....

Edited by dizzygirl

I too have uncontrolled bouts of anger. I do not have periods anymore so I guess it is just the frustration of this illness. I have never had them before. I have always been a fairly easy going person. It would take a lot for me to get that angry. Now very little things set it off. Sometimes nothing happens and the anger wells up so bad that i feel like I am going to explode. Vanessa

I get angered, but it's out of frustration. Tired of people acting like I don't want to work or that I am lazy. I really have a hard time with it. My uncle, who drinks used to really yell and scream at me while I was living with my grandparents, so I left and moved in with my mom. Then there are the snide little remarks some people in my family make....I won't even get into that. But, yeah, I do know what you are going through.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your experiences. It makes me feel better just knowing that I'm not the only one going through this and that it doesn't make me a bad person.

Yes, rage is more what I feel during these times, like I cannot control my rage at all and if I don't yell and scream, I'll burst. I've never been like this before. It scares me.

I'm going to talk with my ob / gyn about it during my next pap in the spring. I did read up on the PMDD. And, no, I definitely am not offended that you all mentioned it to me. I appreciate the suggestion. Anyway, it says that one of the treatments for it is anti-depressants. I just stopped taking my Zoloft, for which I was on for about ten years, a few months ago, and it seems the anger around my period time has gotten worse, as have my POTS symptoms. My doctor is going to try me on Celexa soon, so hopefully, that helps.

Again, thanks, everyone. I'll let you know how it goes!

LindaJoy