My Dr. Grubb appointment was great!

Roselover

Hi Everyone,

I just got home from a long trip to Ohio from the West Coast. I finally saw Dr. Grubb and it he was just as described on this site. We waited two hours after our scheduled time, but then he spent three hours with us and had GREAT insight into my personal situation as well as giving us a great education!

I just hope my docs here can follow up with his recommendations. I would defineately reccommend him to those who have tried the typical treatments and they don't work.

I am exhausted from travel. Four airplane trips and on the last one I thought I was going to pass out the last 45 min. But, I'm home, slept in my own bed - hurt a lot and am very POTSY.

BUT - this morning I am begining one new med - Provogil - so we'll see what happens. BTW Provogil is not what he would normally prescribe because it's so expensive and hard to get insurance companies to cover, but I have several sample boxes here so he said to start with that since it's kinda like the cadillac of Adderall or Ritalin.

Gotta go and keep taking in the fluids...

Love Roselover

heyyy roselover,

glad to hear from you!!!! I'm very happy that your trip was worth it!!! And that dr grubb took so much time for you.

I hope your meds are going to work (i was thinking about the adderall myself), but you better take a nice and welldeserved rest now!

Corina B)

I am glad your appointment went so well! How long did it take you to get into Dr. Grubb? I made one in like October and am going to see him at the end of April. It is good to hear that it is worth the trip, because flying can be so exhausting for me. I can't wait to be able to see him and get some additional insight. I wish I could get into him faster, but I know that probably every patient he has says the same thing.

I'm so glad you had such a great appt!

I sae Grubb for the first time last year and it was like a weight was lifted off me when I got back from Ohio...he answered all those pizzling questions I had for so long.

I go back to him in March......

Anyway I am SO happy you got to see him, I think he is a very special Dr!

Guest Julia59

Roselover,

WOW----so nice to hear you were able to make it to Toledo to see Dr. Grubb. That is a long way to come, but i'm glad your trip was worth it. I am fortunate to live only about a mile away from his office, but I do know what it is like to have to travel to see another Doc/Surgeon.

I was fortunate like you and got a lot of insight and help on my trips out of town also.

I have heard some positive things about provogil---I hope you find the same success others have had with it.

Keep up the fluids---and rest so you can recover from the long trip EAST............ B)

Take care,

Julie :0)

Hi Susan,

Be sure you click the reply button at the end of the page... I almost didn't see your message in the midst of the quote :P

I had to wait 7 months for my appointment. However, I do know that if you live close enough, you can ask to be called if they have cancellations and you will be put on a list and you may actually get in sooner. I couldn't do that as I was traveling too far and had to have airline reservations so I just waited it out.

I hope you get in sooner - but it is defineatey worth the wait if that's what you have to do!

~Roselover

BTW: I saw Dr. Grubb on a Thursday and my doctor had the report on her desk Monday eve!!!!! I was impressed!

~Roselover

Guest Mary from OH

Roselover,

Glad that your appt with Dr. Grubb went so well and that your trip itself was relatively uneventful POTSwise!! It sounds like Dr. Grubb has some new ideas med wise. I have my fingers crossed for you!! You sure so need a break!! I will be praying for good news!! Keep us updated!!

Missed you lately! :P

Roselover~ I too had a great appointment with dr. grubb last week!.. a few months back he gave me the med provigil.. to help with my severe/debilitating fatigue...right now I am waiting for my recent illness to get rhu my system befoer I start taking it... hopefully it will prove to be helpfull for the both of us!!!

glad things went well for you dear!!

:P

Hi, Roselover,

Oh, you're so fortunate to have seen Dr. Grubb. I'm still struggling with my POTS, with hardly any medical advice to help.

When you have a moment, could you tell us what Dr. Grubb had to say about your POTS and POTS in general; ie, the latest medical findings on it, any new treatments that seem to be helping, etc.

Dr. Grubb will be speaking at a forum in my town on Feb. 21st to the medical community. I know about it because it's my POTS paperwork that I sent to the head of our largest hospital that started the ball rolling on a meeting to learn about POTS. I'm now waiting to hear if I'm allowed to come. I'm really, really hoping. I've had POTS most of my life (has gotten much, much worse over the last few years), and I feel I know less about it now than I ever have--too many opposing opinions on it.

Thanks, Roselover. I'm so happy for you.

LindaJOy