Whining....Work Help

Wufflebear

I am whining and venting I know.....

I pretty much have to work full time as I have large student loans and my husband won't help with them. He also won't work (nothing really but min wage jobs here and he has a heart problem and vertigo and he frankly thinks it is my turn to support him as he is 10 years older and "already put in his dues"). He stays home to take care of our daughter. So I am the sole provider.

But working full time is so hard!!!! Some days it is just survival.. I wish there was help for me... A way to earn what I do now or more and work less. I just feel so yucky today. I am tired, everything hurts for no reason, I am dizzy, I met a door frame the hard way earlier and nauseous and this morning I kept getting the tunnel vision etc starting... I was late for work and my husband was ticked off cause I was running late again...(I have felt yucky for a few weeks now). I would go home but going home to a husband who thinks I should be able to work and a little kid is no rest. If i could get away with sucking my thumb at 33 I think I would... :(:angry:;):P

Edited by hmichel

Guest Belinda

i JUST REEAD YOUR WEB PAGE AND STORY-UUGGHH. I WAS THINKING WE COULD ALL LIVE IN ONE TOWN AND HELP TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER WHEN WE HAVE THESE HORRIBLE TIMES...EVEN WITH OUR FAMILIES!!

AND WE WILL HAVE ALL THE RIGHT DOCTORS THAT UNDERSTAND WITHIN WALKING(FAINTING)DISTANCE??

Wouldn't that be great?

Oh, Heather I just read your story. Unfortunately, it is one many of us can relate to well. As far as the student loans go they can be charged off if you are determined to be permanently disabled (It is a PAIN but worth the work). And, they can definitely be deferred for the time being if you need them to be (they defer it one year at a time and the loan does not accrue interest during this time). So, that is another option. Applying for disability is another option, but it can be a long and tedious process which is hard for a family depending on one income. So, I i am so sorry to hear of things being so tough and hope I can be of some help. Good luck!

Carmen

I feel for you. I have to work full time too and I have gigantic student loans that I am going to put off forever through more school or somehow.

The problem is that there isn't a break for the working pots girl. I have repeatedly asked the student loan people about some sort of plan and it is basically black and white. If you are working, you are paying. I wish, like you, that there was some sort of financial aid aid for those who must work but cannot afford to pay them due to disability. (It's not like we can go get a second job or anything!!) So I'm in the same boat and I feel for you. I've just completed another 10 hour day and it looks like my weekend will be work also.

This is our challenge right now. I opened a fortune cookie last month that said that I would meet a challenge and be stronger. I'm sharing this fortune with you.

You should be able to defer it due to economic hardship- they call it forbearance. Unless things have changed which is very possible because the SuprememCourt recently ruled that the government could seize social security payments to pay off "bad" student loans.

Carmen

Welcome to the board! I've been feeling like pooh and have just been lurking so I did not get to say "hi" when you first posted. :angry:

I'm not sure what you do for a living but have you considered working from home in some capasity? It may not be an option but I know there are more and more companies employing folks that work out of the home. I'm sorry you're under such stress.....I can't imagine having to leave my house...much less working :P .

Wow...how do you spell capasity? This can't be right...o-well..Sorry..I'm a little groggy right now and I've never been much on spelling! ;)

I try and keep the loans in defferment but they are still accruing interest... Do you think you can get disability if you can work some?? If I could get down to 3/4 time or 1/2 time it would be a dream!!! I tried asking to work from home but my company is in rolling lay offs etc. and I have been told no so many times, I am afraid to keep asking. ya know?

At work I try so hard to be just like everyone else...as far as work load and productivity, but I just can't. I feel like I have about 50% energy (in comparison to everyone elses 100%) and I have to divide it between family, toddler, work etc. etc...So ya know everybody gets about 10%. lol.

Hi, all sounds familiar! read your website. What part of MO are you from? My son goes to Mizzou and dau is going in fall. my dau had considered Stephens.I feel bad because I don't have the energy to drive an hour and a half, visit and then drive home. Sounds like you had the same drs I had growing up. St. Charles?I'm pretty careful around doorways too on some days. I started an exercise class last year that my friends all told me I should take because I needed the exercise to feel better. Well after several months, I didn't feel better, in fact some days worse. When I tried to explain to owner/trainer the problem I was having she just told me I signed up for a year and there was a contract. Live in small town so didn't make waves. She thought a modified exercise routine would help, but her modified was entirely out of the question. I can't hold my arms over my head. Sit ups? Right. I feel the need to get better quick so I can help earn some money with both of the kids going to be in college in fall. I just don't know what I can do with these syptoms. Ed degree doesn't help. Hang in there. I just always go to bed hoping the next day will be better. :-)

Hi, it's weird how this whole POTS thing works. For the longest time I could work with POTS, my arrhythmia was more of a problem for me, but it was controlled a great deal by meds. Then all of a sudden I started gettting symptomatic and have been getting worse since. I can't even imagine working right now, it takes soo much energy just to sit up. I wish there was something I could do to help you, because I know how you feel. I have car payments, etc. I am barely making and the whole SSDI takes a while to get approved for. Hang in there.

Jacquie

yea. Mine appears to be getting worse or changing...I dont know anymore the difference. (-;

I can only think that I have to keep working till I get fired for being unproductive and then deal with what to do next... but who knows...

Sitting up used to be ok for me but now the longer I sit the more of a problem I get..It is a slower onset then standing, and of course the risk with standing is that I will have to hit the floor which is no fun either. Although at least I always know it is coming...so that helps. I don't know what to do but keep on keeping on and deal with what comes, when it comes. ya know?