HOT HOT HOT

Jacquie802

So, once again I got very hot and thought I was going to pass out. I feel very hot and my skin gets flushed but my skin doesn't feel sweaty..? I got the funny feeling in the head and my legs felt numb while I was walking. Is this from the low bp probs? Also, can these symptoms happen if you have POTS even if your bp isn't too shabby that day? :P

One thing my body has taught me is that sxs don't always correlate with verifiable blood pressure/ pulse fluctuations. So, yes, you can definitely be symptomatic even when vitals seem okay. What you are describing is very similiar to what I feel when I get "queasy" or faint. Do you think dehydration or low blood volume could be your culprit?

Carmen

I agree. sometimes the readings just don't always show how you feel. Yes I get that way often. I went to church yesterday with only a sweater on because I would rather shiver than get too hot and pass out. please take it easy and get the salt and fluids out!:-)

Guest Belinda

I have symptoms all the time and soemtimes when they are worse I will check my bp and it will be fine..

IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! I wish I knew one specific thing that would help it ..

I do notice I feel very similar when I haven't had enough fluids.

Belinda

That happens to me quite often, mainly when I've been driving too long, get nervous and/or embarrassed, and when I am standing too long.

I have never had problems with my BP fluctuating, so I think it is adrenaline related with me.

It doesnt matter if my b/p is low or not. My temperature fluctuates from cold to hot, and I better not be standing up or walking because I am going down one way or the other. I feel faint and nauseous when my temperature starts acting up. It seems like I always keep this funny feeling in my head lately. Vanessa

So, once again I got very hot and thought I was going to pass out. I feel very hot and my skin gets flushed but my skin doesn't feel sweaty..? I got the funny feeling in the head and my legs felt numb while I was walking. Is this from the low bp probs? Also, can these symptoms happen if you have POTS even if your bp isn't too shabby that day? :angry:

lots of symptoms of dysautonomias can occur independent of BP/HR fluctuations. or b/c the body is having to "work hard" at keeping the fluctuations from occuring. for better or worse, it's part of the package for most if not all of us...

and in addition (or as part of) the problems with temperature control, some have problems with sweating - either too much or too little in various places, etc.. there are two types of sweat tests that specifically test for this and are often used in figuring out specific etiologies of autonomic dysfunctions. the tests don't often change/indicate specific treatment but do offer proof that there is a definite autonomic connection with sweating, temperature regulation.

B) melissa

Edited by Sunfish