Muscle Spasms

Guest CyberPixie

Guest CyberPixie

Is muscle spasms a symptom of POTS? I've been getting really severe ones (it's much more common the days when POTS is worse), in my stomach, ribs and back. The muscles cramp up and tense and it's agony.

I did wonder whether it's a result of losing potassium from the florinef, but then again it could be my Ehlers-danlos but I dont think you get it with EDS.

I've had the spasms in my ribs for years though before the florinef but now it's spread to other places.

It's important to talk to your doc because there can be many reasons for muscle spasms, including electrolyte imbalance.

However this topic has come up many times before and you might find it helpful to read some of the past posts about it, there have been many good suggestions. I suffer from spasms all the time and I agree that it is much worse since my POTS diagnosis.

take care

steph

Edited by briarrose

Guest CyberPixie

Thank you. I would have thought I'd get the spasms everyday if it was down to potassium loss. Also, they think I may have addisons disease and you're meant to avoid potassium!

I have this strange spasm that starts near my shoulder blade, then seems to wrap around my chest, and then sometimes down my right arm. I have it with some regularity, too.

If it was an electrolyte imbalance, I think I would get it in some smaller muscles, too. I don't get foot cramps or anything, though, so I believe it relates to the POTS somehow. They just don't know, yet.

Good luck!

Diana

You know I should not be amazed when something I have been dealing with like horrible muscle spams ends up to be part of this too and that others get it too.But each time i come across a post and see that others are dealing with things it just makes me shake my head. I have been having a terrible time with this and especially in the last week were my mid back went into spasm then it moved up my back to my neck. So again me too me too and sorry you guys have this too. I am not on Florinef so I think my potassium is ok. It probably is jsut another POTS thing aren't we lucky? :angry: