Bad Day

Jacquie802

Ahhh, why can't good days last forever??? Today I am paying the price dearly... Laying down and I feel horrible, I should have known this would happen but oh well, I still enjoyed yesterday. Anyhow I havent' been able to get ahold of any of my doctors (can you believe that?!) and I am supposed to get flu shot tuesday.

Also, I wonder if something is going around I have a cough, sore throat, not sure if I have a fever, but I am feeling horrible, esp. my stomach. I do have some type of GI probs, they were going to do a colonoscopy but decided to wait because I guess it can mess up your heartrate?? That's what I was told anyhow, does anyone know what the risk would be between the heart rate and a colonoscopy???

The colonoscopy, itself, isn't likely to do anything to your heart rate. However, the fasting and laxatives can throw your body off and is probably the culprit. Once you start eating and drinking normally again, most people recover in a day to a few days.

I have personally had two colonoscopies, and inumerable upper endoscopies. I usually feel better in two days.

Nina

The prep is rough, but you can get through it. Try to get scheduled first thing in the morning and discuss why. Thay way you get on an IV sooner, and don't have to go as long without fluids and food. The hospital mine was done at kept me on the IV until I felt "better" and was able to get fluids and some crackers in me without getting sick. We waited until I was coherant and I no longer felt dehydrated and had color in my face. I went home and slept. I was told I could stay for as long as I needd. The prep and the thought of what they are going to do was the worst for me. There may be a little bloating but it goes away within a day. They medicate you well, and I don't remember a thing from mine. Good luck!

I definately agree with scheduling for the first thing in the morning. Also talk about prep options with your doctor because we learned after the fact that there was an alternative for using Gatorade that would have at least tasted better and my Mom followed a less rigorous 2-day prep that was easier on her system. Unfortunately the goal of the prep is the same no matter what path you take :o