Blood Pressure Drops!

Mrs. Glass

I was just wondering if anyone else has this same problem. My b/p drops even while walking across the room. It is not just when I stand up. It drops sitting, standing, laying down. It doesnt seem to matter. My docs keep reffering to when I stand and I cant seem to make them understand, that yes it will drop upon standing, but it also drops at other times. Everytime that I have been in the hospital, it has dropped just while laying there. I would feel like I was going to pass out just laying in the bed. The nurses freaked out but the docs didnt seem to even think anything of it. I was not on anything that would cause my b/p to drop, but it did. Of course I do have different docs since then, but I still cant seem to make them understand this. Any info would be helpful. :) Thanks Vanessa

Hi, I have the exact same problems. I had to leave job training because I'd be sitting then I would start sweating, get pallor, tachy, and I just felt aweful and lightheaded as well as dizzy. Not sure what causes it?

The same thing happens to me. Yesterday I was sitting at my computer, and everything started to spin and move around me. I'm pretty sure my blood pressure dropped, and that's what caused the wierd feeling.

It also happens when I stand up, but there's a delay. I'll start walking somewhere and after a few seconds of standing, my BP will drop.

Hi, Vanessa. I. too had major low blood pressure readings regardless of position. I talked about this with my cardio. He said that is not unusual for dysautnomia patients- some faint in bed! Some faint on the toilet- there is no mercy! Sorry- it's part of the package.

Carmen

I have swings of both heart rate and bp in any combination you can think of and regardless of position.

It may take a long time to figure out what works for you. Sometimes, lying down and putting your feet up helps, sometimes lying down and keeping your head raised helps....try different things and see if any of them help you.

When I get more dehydrated these issues become worse too. Make sure you are drinking enough.