Great doc. appt.

I had to go to my PCP for a follow-up after my numb face/numb hands incident in the ER. My regular PCP (who last year wanted me to go see a psychotherapist) is on maternity leave, so I saw a new younger male doctor.

He was awesome. He spent 30 minutes with me. As you all know, 30 minutes is a long time for a doctor to spend with you. He had 1 POTS patient a few years ago, so he knew what I was talking about!! He said that he was pretty sure that the numbness came from the POTS, but wanted me to call Dr. Fouad's office and tell them about my symptoms. He urged me to wear compression stockings. He seemed genuinely interested and concerned. He also referred me to a new neurologist to rule out anything else. He wants to keep MS on the backburner for now, but is not ruling it out. Finally, someone who is going to help me. He wants to see me back in a month.

I took the POTS brochure with me. Even though he had a patient with POTS before, he looked at the brochure, and wanted to know which of the symptoms listed I was experiencing. I think I'm going to keep this guy!!

It's so nice to have a doctor who cares. My neurologist is always in and out, just asks questions while looking at the computer screen. Then I am blessed with an internist who spends an hour with me everytime I go in. He is a very busy doctor doesn't take new patients, but when I'm there it's like I'm the only patient he has. He reassures me, last week I said just tell me I'm not dying. He said look into my eyes, if I thought you were dying I would tell you. I believe your heart is fine (I think every arm and shoulder pain is angina). I come out of his office feeling 10 pounds lighter whenever I go.

I'm glad you found someone who is compassionate, it really helps.

Dawn

It is good to hear that there are docs out there who truly care. I have a great PCP also. I see her and her husband both. They keep reasuring me that I am not crazy and we are all going to get to the bottom of my problems. But I do know that there are docs out there that are just a waste of space. If the diagnosis is not right in front of their face, then they do not want anything to do with it. You would think that they would want to take on the challenge as a learning experience, but most dont. Glad you have a good one. Vanessa

I had to go to my PCP for a follow-up after my numb face/numb hands incident in the ER. My regular PCP (who last year wanted me to go see a psychotherapist) is on maternity leave, so I saw a new younger male doctor.

He was awesome. He spent 30 minutes with me. As you all know, 30 minutes is a long time for a doctor to spend with you. He had 1 POTS patient a few years ago, so he knew what I was talking about!! He said that he was pretty sure that the numbness came from the POTS, but wanted me to call Dr. Fouad's office and tell them about my symptoms. He urged me to wear compression stockings. He seemed genuinely interested and concerned. He also referred me to a new neurologist to rule out anything else. He wants to keep MS on the backburner for now, but is not ruling it out. Finally, someone who is going to help me. He wants to see me back in a month.

I took the POTS brochure with me. Even though he had a patient with POTS before, he looked at the brochure, and wanted to know which of the symptoms listed I was experiencing. I think I'm going to keep this guy!!

Guest Belinda

Jennifer-What is the name of your PCP, that actually might be interested in POTS? My old one

really creeps me out and was referred by my old cardilogist that I no longer see. I really need to get into a

somewhere where the docs. will have open minds about this disorder. I had to leave my old cardiologist

after being a patient for 6-7yrs. I asked him about Dysautonomia after being diagnosed from Endocrinologist just on poor man tilt and he said that's hogwash and it is someones way of saying we don't know what it is. My old PCP looked it up and freaked out and got me the refferal for Dr. Chelmisky.

I just know I need help ASAP with getting this under control. I am glad you found a doc. who would give you time and compassion.

That is a problem in it's own.

Take care. Belinda