Anyone have this problem?

bamagirl

Does anyone have a strange feeling come over their body before a tachycardia spell? I get this weird feeling right before, then my body tingles all over and then I have a full blown tachy spell. Sometimes I will get that strange feeling and never get the tachy. I am not anxious or anything, it's really confusing. Also, anyone sensitive to sound? If my phone rings, I jump out of my skin!!

Thanks,

Bamagirl

Hi Bamagirl,

I get the tingles too and also sometimes it runs right into tachy and other times I have no tachy. I get the same way with chills and teeth chatters, sometimes it is before the tachy starts and other times I have no tachy.

Sometimes certain things make me jump and then all of a sudden it seems nothing can do it. I think it is just the way the nervous system is balanced at the time, to much on the sympathetic side or too much on the parasympathetic side. Crazy nervous system we have :rolleyes:

Guest Finrussak

I get top to bottom tingles (similar to blackboard woozies...like when someone or yourself scratches a blackboard with fingernails) and a feeling like Im going to faint---sudden weakness and sparkles in eyes or blacking out in eyes. Rarely the tingles happen alone but either way it almost always precedes the tachy...the nearest guess the neuro and I have gotten is that being so sensitive I feel the adrenaline and other chemicals right before they cause the tachy!!! Even stranger is the very rare occassion of tingle/passing out without tachy...if I take BP then it can be low or high or normal.

I can have tachy without the tingles...I have gotten used to them, and use them as a warning to sit or quietly monitor if Im feeling bad...BUT the one thing I will never get used to is the bottoming out almost passing out feelings that come singly or in waves of multiples. Those bring me to TEARS..even if Im lying down, even if Im safe in the hospital on monitors...they just make me feel so helpless.

After so many years of weird stuff the docs on my team ascribe some of this to my body trying to automatically fixing it...like they found one hospital stay that the retching almost always was due to very bad tachy and that it stimulated a very needed vasovagal lowering of the rate...however it overdid it and the retching continued long past the fixing point and progressed into heart PAUSES ( :rolleyes: ) due to too much vagal abdominal pressure.

After a bad episode of tachy, woozlies etc I will have right arm shakes/trembles...if really bad...the whole body....they mistook this once for seizures!!!! ( my right side seems to be weaker...where I had the facial palsy when first had Lyme, etc)

Seems like anything affecting abdomen...talking on phone, yelling at kids, singing with radio, sitting ( leaning or not) can provoke a pause and/or tachy!!! Some docs think the damage to my nervous system includes the whole vagal pathway.

But I have multitudes of issues not a simple POTS so the other stuff may not apply to you.

I am very sensitive to noise and get startled by the slightest of unexpected noises. I think it makes sense with the dysautonomia.

I'm happy to say that I haven't had a tachycardia spell for seven months! I remember getting a weird sensation -- almost like I felt a heat rush through my body -- then tingling and dizziness.

Amy

Oh yes, but I do not always have a tachy spell, Sudden sounds do it to me also. If I move too quickly also. I cant explain the feeling either. I just know that it does feel wierd. I can not stand for the tv to be up to loudly, loud talking, and even most music will send me into a spell. I havent listened to music for months now. I very seldom turn on the tv, I mostly like it quiet. I cant even stand it when my little dog starts barking. Hope this helps Vanessa aka Mrs Glass

Does anyone have a strange feeling come over their body before a tachycardia spell? I get this weird feeling right before, then my body tingles all over and then I have a full blown tachy spell. Sometimes I will get that strange feeling and never get the tachy. I am not anxious or anything, it's really confusing. Also, anyone sensitive to sound? If my phone rings, I jump out of my skin!!

Thanks,

Bamagirl

The worst tingling sensation I have had came as hyperventialtion as a result of trying to go up and down two flights of stairs. My heart rate was going nuts so hence my breathing was rapid and broken. I felt like needles were all over my face. But usually tachy just gives me random strange sensations as does my brady. As far as being oversensitive to external stimuli- sudden noises make me jump out of my skin. There was a section about this in The Dysautonomia Handbook on NDRF. I have had to get on to my husband about throwing doors open suddenly for this very reason. Balloons popping are a no-no, thunder, fireworks- all bad.

Hope you are getting some answers!

Carmen