CFS doctors

Eillyre

Hi all!

Just wondered if any of you have recommendations for a good CFS doctor?

I was recovering well from my September crash (faster than usual, surprisingly) but have started slipping backwards at an alarming rate for no apparent reason. POTS is not acting up too much, but will if my health continues to regress at this rate. Regardless of this current backslide, I really ought to have someone trying to help me move forward -- I think I'd hit a bit of a plateau pre-September (although I'd give a lot to be back up there! :P ).

In terms of location, I don't really care at this point. I would like to have someone in the NJ/NY/PA region, but am willing to be carted off to a research center if necessary. A physician with an open mind, good follow-up, and reasonably extensive experience are requested -- knowledge of POTS would be nice, but not necessary.

My dad and some of his colleagues are making inquiries, but I thought I'd work my "network," too. :)

Thanks!

Angela

Angela

I can recommnend David Bell near Rochester, NY. He has tons of experience with both CFS and POTS. He does not directly manage Meds but will work with local doctor. He is on the NIH CFS Coordinating Committee and tends to hear about new research. He is the doctor that recommended Dr Grubb for my daughter, Rachel. Here is a link to his web site newsletter

http://www.davidsbell.com/index.htm

One warning - there are no new grand treatments. He has no magic pill.

Louise

Thanks for the link, Louise -- I'm checking it out.

By now, I'm very resolved to the fact that there is no handy-dandy presto-you're-better-again pill or treatment. :P I'm just looking for any new ideas that could keep me from where I was a year ago -- I hope I never drop that low again. :) Thanks for the reminder, though -- it's important for us to remember.

Much thanks :) ,

Angela

I was going to recommend Dr. Bell also. He is suppose to be one of the best and he worked closely with Dr. (?brain fart, sorry but one of the original POTS docs that past away a few years ago.) The two of them made some interesting connections about POTS & CFS.

FYI I had an appt the summer of 2002 and they expected a large sum of cash upfront, you might want to call and ask what their current policy is.