Fludrocortisone Side Effects

Macho319

Hi Everyone!

I hope all of you are doing as well as can be. I'm still fighting the good fight still searching for answers. I saw the Cleveland Clinic this week. They don't think I have heart failure which shocked me. They think I only have preload failure so we are going to repeat the Exercise Right Heart Cath but this time with a fluid challenge and Passive Leg Raise. Anyhow they put me on Fludrocortisone and I'm not liking it. About 20-30 mins after I take it I feel this strange pressure/ache in my chest/neck area. It doesn't hurt but it seems like super concentrated anxiety or adrenaline in only that area. I hope I made sense. Has anyone experienced similar? As always all thoughts are welcome. Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, Macho319 said:

Anyhow they put me on Fludrocortisone

Had a talk with my Doc on this one. Not saying who this helps but he did say this one was reserved more for the low BP folks in their 90's in his opinion. i know it is not for me as i have had a 4 cabg bypass. the drug will raise your bp for sure that's why it works from what i read into it. seen a number of folks that have a go on the med.

On 10/19/2023 at 3:01 PM, Macho319 said:

About 20-30 mins after I take it I feel this strange pressure/ache in my chest/neck area. It doesn't hurt but it seems like super concentrated anxiety or adrenaline in only that area.

@Macho319 I get this symptom when my BP is high. It is like a pressure in the chest going up the neck on the left side. Have you checked your BP when you feel this?