UCLA Procedure Complete

Hi everyone! 

I'm home. What a long day it was. I got to the table to begin the procedure and all of a sudden a nurse says stop, we have a STEMI. So I was wheeled back to my waiting area and took a nap. My 9:30am ended up starting at 1pm. 

Anyhow the student was RIGHT! After taking multiple measurements across the hepatic veins, it showed subclinical portal hypertension. This is not the best news, but it goes to show what a little self-educating and self-advocating can do. I'm so sick of all these docs with their egos who think just because I am not a doctor, how could I possibly know. Well guess what, this guy taught everyone involved at UCLA today! I also plan to take all the data back to every doc who turned me away and give them a piece of my mind. Yes I'm being petty, but you all know what we've gone through. These docs need to start taking us more seriously. I can't believe it took almost 4 years to get here. 

So what's the plan moving forward you may ask? Well that's still up for debate. Weight loss, dietary changes and exercise are on the forefront for sure. I'm just relieved that I proved to all these top docs that this really was happening to me. It wasn't in my head. The doctor told me today that I taught him something and I've earned an MD title. He also said now he suspects many more of his patients to have similar. That made me happy because if this can help others, then my work is done. Ok that's my rant for today. Hope everyone is doing well. 

@Macho319 I am sorry to hear that your test was abnormal, but I am glad that now you have answers. Proud of you for standing up for yourself and not giving up. I very much hope that the lifestyle changes will bring you relief. Hang in there and think positive!

1 hour ago, Macho319 said:

I'm happy to be a part of our little community. 

We are also glad you are here! Although it would be better if you did not have to be ....