Anyone Feel Better when they Dont Eat?

baby_boy

Ive had no food this morning except a pack of crisps, but ive had no symptoms, the odd Brachy/tachy but apart from that i feel fine. Im gonna experiment today, im gonna have little snacks instead of huge meals that fill me up. Im also gonna drink plenty of fluids and see if it has a change.

Its probably only me but anyone else get this. Total madness i tell ya.

This is also common for many of us. It takes blood volume to digest, so for me it's always important to plan on some 'downtime' after I eat.

I often will avoid any solid food in the mornings, and if I have a big meeting I eat very light.

Good luck finding what works for you. Sounds like you are well on your way. Keep in mind what works well today may be dfferent next month/year. It's all about adapting to change.

EM

Guest Julia59

I find that it is much harder to digest in the evening. I feel very close to passing out and then i'll get very very bloated---even if I eat a very small plate of food.

My best time to eat a normal sized meal is in the morning---or afternoon.

I will do beeter in the evening if i'm not the one prepareing the meal. It seems the effort it takes to get dinner ready----wipes me out making it more likely for me to have problems--POTS----symptoms----ya know..........

Julie :0)

Hi.. for me that is a tough question to answer!!

If I dont eat something on the average of every 2-3 hours during waking hours. I feel really sick.. nausea..lightheaded. what not..(but I am also a diabetic..) weak..

but on the flip sid eof that.. if I dont watch what I eat or eat more then I should at one time..I get nausea..vomitting..stomach pain.. and very bloated and what not..

if I eat a regualr meal in the afternoon or evening I tend to feel sick afterwards.. I found that if I just munch during the day.(pudding..cheese..crackers w/ peanut butter.. pickles olives.. maybe some toast and scrambled eggs..) that i am ok..

and that the best time of day for me to eat is about 10-11pm.. which is actually the worst time that you could eat!! and a meal generally isnt very big for me..i can get filled up quite quickly one a few bites of chicken and a few bites of whatever is with it..

But that is when I am most functional.. and for some reason that is about the only time I can eat a real meal wihtout it effecting me badly like it does during the day..

and I drink alot of water and gatorade during the day too..

you are not alone on this one! I snack on salty stuff all day long to kept me going,then at evening with huby made a balanced meal ,.not much time after that bp goes way down 60/40 s.I am not much good for nothing after that. If I eat anything diring the day the bp going down.so for me just salty snacks and alot of water.bp with stay at a range I can funtion at 80/50.by the way me to in ohio :P:P:(

I've got eating irregularities, too. I do best the longer I can hold off eating. So I usually don't eat anything until late morning/early afternoon. Then I try to keep the volume of food down to under 1 cup (an apple, a hot dog with bun, etc.) which usually means eating only one type of food at a time. Also, and as a former super organic health nut, I can't make heads or tails out of this one, but I feel much better if I eat what I used to consider un-food: bread, chips, junk food, ice cream, cooked canned vegies, lunchmeat. But now that I think about it, most of these foods are very high in salt, so maybe there is a connection here?

I have found if I eat small, and though out the day I do better than eating a few big meals. I still do eat a decent size meal for supper when the whole family sits down to eat. After eating the meal, I usually don't feel like doing much.

To icthus, not knowing your full story, I would guess that yes it is because of the salt intake. I know for me the more salt the better.

hi

I've found that what I eat also makes a difference. When I'm going through a potsy period of time, a bowl of spaghetti will make me black out. In general, I limit carbs.

Also, like others mentioned, more frequent small meals/snacks are much easier to deal with than sitting down for a normal portioned meal. Plus, if I eat even a tiny bite after I feel satiated, I get dizzy, nauseous and vomiting.

ariella