So now I have varicose veins.

Derek1987

My calf has been hurting for about 2 months. I looked at the back of my leg and it looked all bruised up. I thought I might of had a blood clot.

So I went to the ER. Blood work is fine and so was the ultrasound. But he did say I have varicose veins. 

doctors here don't know what POTS is so I'm wondering if there's a relationship between POTS and varicose veins.

it definitely hurts and even burns sometimes. What an annoyance. Any words of wisdom? All I got was put heat on it and it's possible to get them removed if I wanted to do that. 

I have a Posterior tibial artery (PTA) that's occluded in my left leg and developed some varicose veins in that area. Not sure i have a whole lot of words of wisdom outside of make sure you stay active (helps with the discomfort) over time i have more or less gotten used to it. If the pain really bothers you and was me i would get them taken care of.

On 2/20/2023 at 6:11 PM, MikeO said:

I have a Posterior tibial artery (PTA) that's occluded in my left leg and developed some varicose veins in that area. Not sure i have a whole lot of words of wisdom outside of make sure you stay active (helps with the discomfort) over time i have more or less gotten used to it. If the pain really bothers you and was me i would get them taken care of.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I need to be a lot more active. The problem is it makes me so sick. I'm wondering what ways I can improve circulation. 

I'm actually getting pain in several areas on the right leg including my toes. My right leg has been swollen for about 3 years. My left leg has been normal. I'm wondering if that's another factor in causing this. I don't know why it's just my right leg swelling up. 

I'm so tired of pots. 

48 minutes ago, Derek1987 said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes I need to be a lot more active. The problem is it makes me so sick. I'm wondering what ways I can improve circulation. 

I'm actually getting pain in several areas on the right leg including my toes. My right leg has been swollen for about 3 years. My left leg has been normal. I'm wondering if that's another factor in causing this. I don't know why it's just my right leg swelling up. 

I'm so tired of pots. 

Well might be worth being checked for peripheral vascular disease (PAD). When i started noticing my symptoms (2019) my calves hurt a lot when walking and finally convinced my Doc to test for it. He ordered a ankle brachial index test and i tested positive.

I get some of the swelling my right leg is a bit larger than my left. My biggest complaint was the pain in the top of my left foot. I have been on the table twice for this and has helped.

My inteventalist did have me go into supervised exercise. I solely used the treadmill and did a progression routine designed for PAD. It helps more than one would think. you just have to keep up on the exercise to get the benefit

Either way i would see your Doc and be firm with what you're feeling.