Out of character Emotional feelings or “mood swings” with a flare.

beccaj10

Has anyone else experienced a massive mood swing when having a flare? Like how a little thing can aggravate you and then you feel highly charged to cry and want to be alone. This is new for me but I am seeing a correlation. I am having an especially bad day with a flare and woke up very emotional. Of all things the grocery order came and they sent the wrong items and it put me in a tizzy. I am always a “glass half full” person so this is out of character for me. I have noticed it happening  at other times as well. 
   Also for the last few months I have been having blurred vision especially when outside in the sun. I wondered if anyone else feels this way. Thanks. 

Yes, @beccaj10 I experience irritation and "a short fuse" at times when I am in a flare. It seems to correlate with the times I have overdone things, or overreached my limits. And Yes - I too want to be alone at those times, simply because I need to calm down my nervous system! As for the blurred vision - I know of other persons that have dysautonomia and experience the same thing. 

Not so much mood swings, but I feel very down when symptomatic. I also get irritated and tire easily (cranky toddler type tired).

I am one of those odd bods who gets symptoms during the day and feels close to normal in the evening. Emotionally and physically, I am a different person at 11am and 11pm. I call it Jekyll and Hyde syndrome!

My refain during the day is "I feel awful, I can't go on, this is terrible". At night, I'm still aware of my illness and the unhappy situation it has put me and my family in, but I feel more able to cope with it and, while I certainly don't feel cheerful, I also don't feel despair.

My theory is that low blood flow to the brain and fatigue make me miserable and easily tired.

I hope you are feeling better now and that you got your groceries sorted out. It may be minor in the scheme of things, but when you are ill it's not easy to just fix mistakes or pop out shopping to replace missing items you were relying on.

The mood swings have been one of the hardest symptoms to cope with, in all honesty. I’ve long wondered if it correlates with adrenaline for me. When the adrenaline seems to be running high and my hr is up, I get edgy or irritable, or impending doom if it’s a big surge. The worst though is the crash that follows after exertion or an adrenaline spike. Then I get the most incapacitating feeling of despair. No feeling of hope or joy, just this profound misery. It’s short lived, anywhere from a few minutes to a couple hours, but it’s intense. I’ve had days where every single time I sat back down after being on my feet awhile, I’d crash like that and be in tears. 

Sometimes I start to cry when I am in bad flare, I start to shake and cry (sobb at loud), I can't control it. I read somewhere about crying attacks in POTS (dysautonomia), that this is also common with POTS. From my point of view seems like my body is crying because of everything that is happening with my body. And my mood swings are like I am in PMS. This is so frustrating, because I feel I can't control my emotions.

• 3 weeks later...

It is so good to see that I am not alone with the mood swings. I have never understood them to be maybe a part of dysautonomia. I have recently been diagnosed after 25 plus years of not understanding what is happening with me. So much I need to learn about this disorder and so good to have a forum that I can see what others are experiencing.