Anyone tried the Gammacore device?

Guest KiminOrlando

Guest KiminOrlando

Just got back from the neurologist. He used a vagus nerve stimulator on me called Gammacore. It cost something like $450 and isn't covered by insurance. He wants me to consider purchasing it. It is an electronic stimulator that you use on your neck in front near your jugular vein. Has anyone had any success with vagus nerve stimulation? Honestly, to me it just looked like and felt like more snake oil. I want a solution, but that just doesn't seem like it. I would love some feedback. He also wanted me to buy another nerve stimulator for migraines. Yep, another $450 not covered by insurance. I just spent $500 reordering meds, so I'm just not buying these things.

Frustrated and broke. And slightly annoyed. I don't want to be labeled non-compliant, but I have limits.

https://www.gammacore.com/about/how-gammacore-works/

Well i do see this FDA cleared. I get the non-compliant label from the health care system. So far i have been able to get a better review as being compliant with treatments from my UW Health care team just because they are working. If they don't i have been better at firing back as to why.

This technology does interest me. while i do not suffer from migraines i do suspect my vagus nerve does not always fire off as it should..

As always it maybe snake oil or maybe not. If you go thru with it please post back..