My Latest Lipid Test and I did not Improve My LDL Values

MikeO

Not sure what to think could this be to Dysautonomia or has anyone seen this before? I was put on Ezetimibe as was supposed to help but i still can not hit my numbers (was suppose to be well less than 70 with Ezetimibe) . This is going to suck as the next step is to take weekly injections which i am not looking forward to.

Below are my numbers.

colesterol.jpg.dccb7b1515e91fe351b1368335b48e07.jpg

@MikeO - I have high cholesterol levels and have been on a statin drug for years. I know people who have completely normalized their numbers by eating oatmeal for breakfast every day - for real! They were able to get off the statins. And - oddly - I also know one person who corrected their numbers with drinking grain alcohol every night. I am not kidding! 

@DysautonmiaMattThanks for the calc link. Playing with it, seems that the only impact i can make is getting my HDL numbers up. I agree on getting a direct LDL blood test and will insist on it before any other measures are taken. I know my values are looking pretty good but i am still not in goal and in fact with the addition of Ezetimibe the expectation was to see my LDL to go down to around 50mg/dl (i might already be there) just not seeing based on the estimated LDL value. Sure there is going to be more to the story coming.

@Pistol Eating oatmeal everyday would be a good excuse for me to buy a InstaPot. I think @Sushiposted how to make it. Good tip on the grain alcohol! I could see tipping one every evening :)

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

I think @Sushiposted how to make it

Yes, InstantPot is great for grains—I particularly like it for steel cut oats: 3 times water to oats, 5 minutes depending on the texture you like. The instant pot is very forgiving and that you can put your oats or whatever on and forget about them as when the timer is finished it will keep them hot until you were ready to eat them. Steel cut oats are supposed to have the edge over regular oatmeal when dealing with cholesterol And no pot watching! 🙂

1 hour ago, Sushi said:

Yes, InstantPot is great for grains—I particularly like it for steel cut oats: 3 times water to oats, 5 minutes depending on the texture you like.

You did just sell me on this. Sure it will help.

@DysautonmiaMattI did some research on the calculated LDL vs Direct. The calculated is good for most folks until the triglycerides get out of hand (just not the case with me). What i see with me is i am Oh what word am i looking for a "rapid cholesterol metabolizer or something like that" Despite the meds to rain this in just does not work for me. The Ezetimibe should have cut my cholesterol substantially but did not really work and the statin i am on "max dose" has struggled.

Over my time with stains Lipitor has been the worst just a FYI: This one caused a lot of flank pain.

Below is a labs take on calculated LDL vs Direct

https://www.labcorp.com/help/patient-test-info/direct-ldl-cholesterol

34 minutes ago, DysautonmiaMatt said:

Here is another lipo test that gives more info that you may find useful. - NMR LipoProfile Many have never heard of it before.

https://www.labcorp.com/tests/related-documents/L15035

Thanks for the info. No have not seen this before or even how this will help me. I do know that the lack of response to my current meds is going to come up.