Falling straight into dreams when i fall asleep and jolting awake all night

Hi all - one of the new and very strange symptoms im getting at the moment is this feeling where as soon as I dose I fall straight into an utterly bizarre dream with random things going on or my leg will twitch and ill jolt wide awake. This goes all night and is accompanied by continual adrenalin surges. Anyone relate? Thanks

On 6/9/2022 at 12:41 AM, ramakentesh said:

Hi all - one of the new and very strange symptoms im getting at the moment is this feeling where as soon as I dose I fall straight into an utterly bizarre dream with random things going on or my leg will twitch and ill jolt wide awake. This goes all night and is accompanied by continual adrenalin surges. Anyone relate? Thanks

I'm having vivid dream lately and my twitching seems to be all over. I've been on midodrine for 4 weeks so don't know if it's to do with midodrine (only the dreams not the twitching)

• 3 months later...

@ramakenteshjust checking if your adrenaline rushes subsided. 

I have intermittent flares when this happens, and in my case, most often it occurs when there is a drastic shift in temperature (usually a cold dip/trigger). This ends up slowing down my GI tract, and I have trouble with movement of air downwards..  I am fine through the day when I am up and about, but it usually hits me when falling asleep. 

I feel the root cause is parasympathetic malfunction in response to a sympathetic activation eg. Cold, that is causing this, and it takes a while before the body adapts to the change. There is also possibly some vasodilation/vasoconstriction issue going on.  I find caffiene and warm showers to help a lot in reducing the duration of the flare by getting the circulation going. 

Just curious if you have any other issues like high cholesterol, low metabolism, trouble gaining weight etc.. 

Oh wow! I am not alone! Bad dreams? How about blood curdling horrific nightmares. I’ve gotten Prazosin from my GP which after some time absolutely helps, along with Labetolol to help with that racing heart jolt. 
Recently I downloaded the Wellatory app which uses your camera and light to take an ekg. It’s spot on, and knew that my autonomic nervous system was out of whack and that I was stressed. 🤦‍♀️ 
I think that I have every single issue related to DA. I noticed I am hypervigilant to detail and smells drive me crazy. 
It’s nice to know that I am not alone!