Electrolytes

What are your favorite ways to get electrolytes? I tried Liquid IV for a while but it was quite expensive and high in sugar and seemed to have little effect for me. What works for you guys? Thanks :)

I like to make my own broth from chicken or beef bones. I add leftover veggies to it, cook everything in my instapot and freeze it. It is very rich in electrolytes, vitamins and added salt. 

I also like Gatorade or Pedialyte when I dont have broth.

1 hour ago, Knellie said:

What are your favorite ways to get electrolytes? I tried Liquid IV for a while but it was quite expensive and high in sugar and seemed to have little effect for me. What works for you guys? Thanks :)

Hi knellie. i have struggled with this as well. I know taking in electrolytes is important when you are dehydrated (or hung over) but if you are trying to manage low blood volume and being orthostatic. products like Liquid IV or other sports drinks IMO are cost perhivitave just by the sear volume of fluid needed to make a difference. 

I don't do well with some of these products especially with the acid indigestion or heart burn from some of the ingredients. I have found some store brand water additives that i can handle and are cost effective and sugar free. +H2O is one of them. This contain some salt and i seem to retain fluids better than just drinking water which i will pee right out.    

4 minutes ago, Knellie said:

@MikeO - Where do you get the +H2O stuff? I can't find it on google.

I get it from Piggly Wiggly. Out side of that not sure where to buy it. If you google it you may find it or at least do the google ingredients label image sure there are similar products with these ingredients. I know may not be totally helpful but you may get the idea.