Ectopic Episodes

Not sure how to read @JennKaydata. Not sure if it reads 9000 per day or 216,000 per day. I know my cardiologist will dismiss the etopics if they are minable in frequency as not being threatening. He would adjust meds if they were more frequent or really bothersome (i do get them daily) but would not do an intervention unless the count was really high.    

@MikeO -- Yes, it took me a second too. The grey line across the bar plot is the heart rate in bpm. The y-axis on the right side of the plot corresponds with the heart rate. Looks like my average heart rate stays b/w 50-100 overall. The blue bars in the bar plot are the hourly ventricular ectopics recorded by the monitor. The y-axis on the left side of the plot corresponds with the %PVC burden. So during most of the day, my %PVC burden is usually less than 1%. But at night, it can be as high as 5-6%.

16 hours ago, Sushi said:

Hmmm, are you happy with this EP? Seems like they should be concerned with anything that is causing a negative impact on your life. Finding a good EP can be hard. 

I think so - I feel awful all the time, and the PVCs and other stuff only affect me a little more. If I felt good, and was managed well otherwise, I might chase this stuff. I was just surprised that they didn’t want to look into WHY a "healthy" 41 year old was having VT. I have proven that my syncope does not relate to these - I’m usually just in sinus tach. I wonder if my hypotension and other problems cause the ventricular irritability. 

They did offer more aggressive treatment… but my 2 different beta blockers, magnesium, and taurine are okay for now. Most of the time.

Spoke with the EP today. He thinks my increased PVC burden at night is related to my vagal tone. He thought that potentially my vagal tone is high, which lowers my heart rate and allows the PVCs to appear. He didn't offer treatment options other than maybe trying flecainide. Will need to think on it. 

Side note - I have been trying to figure out how my female hormones play in to all of this and I was finally able to get my estrogen and progesterone tested. Turns out, I have postmenopausal progesterone levels...which is crazy b/c I'm not even 40. So, my gyno wants to try progesterone and the EP approves. Apparently, progesterone can shorten the QTc interval, which would be beneficial in my situation. I generally feel better in the second half of my cycle as well, so maybe I make some progesterone but not as much as I should for my age...or maybe it is b/c estrogen is lower during that phase. Here's to hoping it helps! I've read in the archives that some women do better with progesterone or estrogen, while others don't. Will keep you all updated for those who are similar age or have similar suspicions. 

@JennKay  I am glad they now have SOME answers. I read an article once about progesterone and PVC's ( but don't know where ) that mentioned low levels can cause palpitations. It sounds like hormone replacement might be a fix for you! I wish you the Best.