Panic Attack or Something Else?

Abe

The last couple of hours have been a nightmare.  Not sure if I'm having a panic attack or something more serious.  My oxygen level fluctuated between 88 and 99.  That scared me to death.  Its my second time in six years that I would leave my house and a first time that I spent few days with a family.  I just got tired of being stuck at home with no change in fortune.  I initially thought this might be covid but I don't have any symptoms. Maybe I just didn't noticed.  Would have tried testing using the Home Covid testing kit but I am not at home. All I remember was this started after I ate.  Could a panic attack make my oxygen level fluctuate this much? It has settled down to between 95 and 99 but my breathing still seem mechanical.  Thanks.

Oh @Abeit is normal for your O2 levels to fluctuate. i have seen mine go from 99 to 88 before as well. While i do not know why that would happen i have seen it at Cardio rehab and even while laying in bed.

Like most eating is not a good thing for me as well. It may have had an effect with your O2 or just the stress with being out of you normal element.

I don't know what device you are using for obtaining your O2 levels i have also seen what finger you put the device on changes up the readings.

Either way i will say a prayer for you. Hopefully someone else will que in.

@Abe I know exactly what you are talking about! I too used to get so anxious when I had to leave the house, for fear of passing out or the activity and stimulation causing a crash afterwards. I think it could be anxiety OR dysautonomia, both can cause these symptoms. I agree with @MikeO that the fluctuating PO2 levels do not have to be of concern. Anxiety as well as dysautonomia can cause vasoconstriction ( often giving us cold hands and feet ) which in turn can lead to low readings of oxygen due to less circulation in the fingers. Rest and avoiding stimulation is often needed to stop these scary symptoms. 

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

Oh @Abeit is normal for your O2 levels to fluctuate. i have seen mine go from 99 to 88 before as well. While i do not know why that would happen i have seen it at Cardio rehab and even while laying in bed.

Like most eating is not a good thing for me as well. It may have had an effect with your O2 or just the stress with being out of you normal element.

I don't know what device you are using for obtaining your O2 levels i have also seen what finger you put the device on changes up the readings.

Either way i will say a prayer for you. Hopefully someone else will que in.

@MikeOThank you so much.  Everything is just beginning to sink in.  Thanks so much for your prayers.  Its amazing what our bodies can endure.

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

@Abe I know exactly what you are talking about! I too used to get so anxious when I had to leave the house, for fear of passing out or the activity and stimulation causing a crash afterwards. I think it could be anxiety OR dysautonomia, both can cause these symptoms. I agree with @MikeO that the fluctuating PO2 levels do not have to be of concern. Anxiety as well as dysautonomia can cause vasoconstriction ( often giving us cold hands and feet ) which in turn can lead to low readings of oxygen due to less circulation in the fingers. Rest and avoiding stimulation is often needed to stop these scary symptoms. 

Thank you so much @PistolSometimes, I just totally forget all I've learned over the years or maybe it was the fact that I was out of home that added to my confusion.  I could tell that something was going to happen from the first day I left and I can tell from how the muscle tensions built up and got worse over days but I'm glad to be back home even though I need this kind of exposure.