Vision Getting Worse Daily

Abe

Anyone experiencing severe blurry visions?  I don't even know how to describe it anymore.  Everything feels shaky,  Can't focus that much.  Very sensitive to light.  Tightness and heaviness all around both eye sockets.  Not sure what to do.  It makes the little work I do very difficult.  Not sure if I am in a flare again but the last few weeks have been too rough.  Has anyone done anything to relief these ty symptoms?  If so, what is it?  I am dying for a relief.  Thanks.

Well i can say yes to an uptick in blurry vision lately, Just not sure why. While i don't exactly have the symptoms you are describing i have been getting the dimming of my vision even in good light, have had to rely on readers just to write this response. Th recliner blurred vision really has not changed.

Not sure what is driving this, may just be a change in the season?  

My vision noticeably got worse the last year. I know it's blurry vision and not increased short-sightedness because changing the distance to the thing I wanna focus on does not make me see more detail. It just reduces the noise enough for me to be able to process it. I am thinking it's an aspect of mental fog, or something... when I take my stimulant prescription it reduces significantly as it makes your eyesight sharper, not better. 

Staying indoors means I am vitamin D deficient. Have you looked into that? I am bad at supplementing but I think that is the only thing I have left yet to try. Besides going out in the sun and "training" my eye again.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

@Abeare you ok?

Thanks @MikeO  I wish I can say I'm okay.  Surviving will be the right word.  I got up to go get something to eat in the kitchen yesterday and I almost fell over.  Everything seemed to have gotten worse than ever.  I can barely do anything.  Today I tried cleaning a little but standing up is just so painful.  Every part of my body aches.  My neck doesn't seem to be able to hold my head upright anymore.  Just rough all around.

1 hour ago, WatermelonSalt said:

My vision noticeably got worse the last year. I know it's blurry vision and not increased short-sightedness because changing the distance to the thing I wanna focus on does not make me see more detail. It just reduces the noise enough for me to be able to process it. I am thinking it's an aspect of mental fog, or something... when I take my stimulant prescription it reduces significantly as it makes your eyesight sharper, not better. 

Staying indoors means I am vitamin D deficient. Have you looked into that? I am bad at supplementing but I think that is the only thing I have left yet to try. Besides going out in the sun and "training" my eye again.

Thanks @WatermelonSaltI noticed when I take the benzo I was prescribed, it helps a little. Just temporarily.  No medication has been able to calm my nervous system.  I am bad at supplementing too but I do try Vitamin D few times a week (4000 IU).  The last time I had a vitamin D test, it was just barely at the minimum.

Do you have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome? That can cause things to shift around in your eye and cause vision problems. Might not be that helpful but can be something to look into. Make sure the eye doctor knows about your EDS though, because that makes a difference. Good luck, I'm sorry you are going through this.

14 hours ago, Knellie said:

Do you have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome? That can cause things to shift around in your eye and cause vision problems. Might not be that helpful but can be something to look into. Make sure the eye doctor knows about your EDS though, because that makes a difference. Good luck, I'm sorry you are going through this.

Thanks @Knellie I'm not sure.  Never tried to find out but the general symptoms of EDS doesn't seem to be something I have experienced either.  Maybe I just don't know.  I know I have Hyper POTS based on my daily symptoms but honestly, I am tired of chasing shadows.

On 4/15/2022 at 5:05 PM, Abe said:

Anyone experiencing severe blurry visions?  I don't even know how to describe it anymore.  Everything feels shaky,  Can't focus that much.  Very sensitive to light.  Tightness and heaviness all around both eye sockets.  Not sure what to do.  It makes the little work I do very difficult.  Not sure if I am in a flare again but the last few weeks have been too rough.  Has anyone done anything to relief these ty symptoms?  If so, what is it?  I am dying for a relief.  Thanks.

Like you I have hyper pots and achy muscles.

Some thoughts I have

1: your eyes are controlled/assisted by all sorts of muscles. Given your other muscles are achy, it makes sense that these ones could be too. Maybe this relates to some of your problems. I imagine if these muscles are achy it is due to eye strain (see point 3 below).

2: you may have dry eyes. I have found this increases eye strain and makes my eyes achy, probably because I have to slightly squint while reading when my eyes are dry. Optive refresh eye drops did the trick. It takes practice putting them in right. The first time I put them in wrong and it made my vision seem worse, so I am glad I persisted.

3. Learn what causes eye strain. I find it easier to read with a narrower page column, increased line spacing (1.6), increased font size and an easier to read font (Verdana works nicely for me). 

8 hours ago, POTSius said:

Like you I have hyper pots and achy muscles.

Some thoughts I have

1: your eyes are controlled/assisted by all sorts of muscles. Given your other muscles are achy, it makes sense that these ones could be too. Maybe this relates to some of your problems. I imagine if these muscles are achy it is due to eye strain (see point 3 below).

2: you may have dry eyes. I have found this increases eye strain and makes my eyes achy, probably because I have to slightly squint while reading when my eyes are dry. Optive refresh eye drops did the trick. It takes practice putting them in right. The first time I put them in wrong and it made my vision seem worse, so I am glad I persisted.

3. Learn what causes eye strain. I find it easier to read with a narrower page column, increased line spacing (1.6), increased font size and an easier to read font (Verdana works nicely for me). 

I have Autonomic Neuropathy and SFN. I have blurred vison problems daily. All this help me a lot. Additional I take dark special glasses. I use different types, one for the PC, one for beeing at home, one for migraine atacks, one for beeing outside.  I read everything in enlarged letters, it relaxes my eyes a lot. Moving in the fresh air, or changing my activity maybe doing the housekeeping supports too.