Finally Having A good Day For Once

MikeO

I am just Happy today. I have not felt this good in quite a while (hope i can keep it up). I seem to have plenty of energy, normal vision, have not passed out in a few days, no hot flashes (male menopause Haha) butt cheek and legs feel good, my GI issues have cleared up and my stomach has not been this good in years.

I have been working hard to get here. Not sure what exactly i have done to be rewarded with a break from symptoms but, the changes i have done recently was to add Ranolazine to my drug tool box, came off of Amlodipine, and have been keeping my diet very limited (just boneless chicken breast thawed and cooked to order "no leftovers" some type of veg mostly carrots steamed until they are soft or green beans, a potato or rice with dinner and just an egg or bowl of oatmeal in the morning)

I did have one day were i had a run of the TROTS but that was probably provoked by me blowing my routine and ordering beef lo mein, won't happen again.

I do worry about bp's coming off the Amlodipine. Historically i have high blood pressures without a secondary med guess i will deal with this when or if it comes up. If i do continue not to pass out i may just get back on the treadmill and scare off some of the hypertension. 

Just sharing here because i do believe (with the help from folks on the forum) that one can make a difference.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Well this was short lived - :angry:

Oh...SO sorry.  It is incredibly hard when you get that tiny taste of freedom from this crap, when you feel like your (former) self, and then the rug gets yanked and there you are...back in the thick of the symptoms again.  I am afraid I don't have much beyond deep empathy to offer here.  And encouragement.  We can't give up, and all your efforts--well we can't know what they are leading to.  Maybe one good day a month?  A week, in time?  Or perhaps they lead to the next intervention, which could make a huge difference.  

Not trying to be Pollyanna-ish, because we know there is no real understanding of what is happening in our bodies and thus, little on offer in terms of dramatic and permanent improvements , but....some of us do get better and there has to be a reason why.  So hang in there and don't despair too much if you can avoid it.  Maybe: go find a bit of nature to soak up, and remember that this too shall pass? 

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

Well this was short lived - :angry:

So sorry @MikeO! I know these high and lows, and I know how frustrating it is. But remember - there IS a happy medium, but it takes time, effort, patience and good friends! I hope this forum can at least provide the latter ... 

MikeO, I am new to dinet and am glad to see folks active. I just read your post and I'm sorry to hear. It does seem to be a lot of back and forth with these types of medical issues. I have been dealing with them for 9-10 months now and am still trying to figure things out. - Rick

Update i am back in a flare again. Even with the the med changes i am still experiencing syncope events. I have turned over every rock that i can think of and yet i am back at it again.

@Pistol i know you have gave me guidance when it comes to changing things up. i just hope i am going thru an adjustment period..

My bp's are back to the wild swings high yesterday i was 175/105 today i am just stinking low i went down to 94/60 shortly after eating and passed out :angry:

@MikeO - I am so so sorry! The only thing I can tell you is that I have been in every shoe you have to wear! I have gone through all of the Ups and Downs, all of the good days and Hopes just to have them replaced by disappointments ... every step forward followed by three steps back ... I know exactly how you feel! But please understand that you are not alone, that many of us go through this. And that it is not the End. It does not mean that there is no hope or end to your problems - it just means hang in there. They simply have not yet found the right treatment for you. 

On 2/27/2022 at 12:55 PM, MikeO said:

I am just Happy today.

You said this, and you will again. I have been there!

Well kinda ironic. I had a good day again yesterday sun was shining it was a bit warm outside 45 degrees so i thru on my long johns, bundled up and got some stuff done outside. I was in heaven. Then i went to inspect my septic tank, pulled the cover and through out my back ((:angry:)). Boy i would love to blame that on dysautonomia but i am sure that won't fly.

Just to show dysautonomia is not the only thing that can make one not feel well.   

@MikeO - so sorry that happened! But so typical - when we have a good day we think we are superman and -BOOM - we are human again! Now you have to rest, so there goes all that energy ... do you have a good chiropractor?

@PistolNo need to be sorry - not the first time this has happened. No i do not have a chiropractor but PT gave me some exercises to do that helps get things back into alignment. Just takes 4 -5 days to get any relief. I do have a good one. i was at the grocery store yesterday and while i was checking out my back decided to spaz out Haha i end up face planting in the sneeze guard. I the girl at first gave me a funny look but we both got a good laugh out of it.