Bad mornings

sandra.p29

Does anyone have problems on waking.  Always fall to sleep very quickly (cannot sleep on back though, triggers).  Also very low blood pressure at night.  I have started waking feeling very stiff and shuck out louds of adrenalin on rising and sometimes very shaky.  Diagnosed with Ehler's Danlos 3 and POTS.  

11 minutes ago, sandra.p29 said:

Also very low blood pressure at night.  I have started waking feeling very stiff

I do get very low bp's at night since my Doc has had me sleep with the head of my bed elevated to 30 degrees. What has helped me to some degree is to drink fluids (normally 16 to 32 oz's) before retiring and as a result my waking blood pressures have been better and i have less fatigue. Some folks will also drink a large amount of water a bit before getting up for the day.

@sandra.p29 are you on any medications? Often - if your BP drops significantly during the night - your physician may need to adjust the dosage or time when you take the med. For example if you take a beta blocker twice a day you may have to reduce the evening dose. 

Several members on this forum have problems with symptoms upon rising. Some feel relief when they drink several glasses of water first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. It also may be helpful if you do some leg exercises in bed before actually getting up, like leg raises and bicycling or abdominal crunches. Here is an easy exercise that helped me when I had trouble getting up in the mornings: lie on your back and touch you right elbow with your left knee then switch to other side. Do this ten times. Then just lie relaxed and breathe deep and slow for a few times. May repeat if tolerated. In my case this exercise helped prevent or stop adrenaline surges upon waking.