ENT diagnosed me with vertigo.

6 hours ago, CallieAndToby said:

I have vertigo, anybody else have this diagnosis? I found a study that showed 46% of its POTS participants had vertigo. 

Yes, I have vertigo. I haven’t figured out how to manage it though. Antihistamines do seem to help but it is a big problem for me. I have NMH rather than POTS.

49 minutes ago, Sushi said:

Yes, I have vertigo. I haven’t figured out how to manage it though. Antihistamines do seem to help but it is a big problem for me. I have NMH rather than POTS.

Thanks for responding. Yea they told me the solution was physical therapy but there must be more to it than that. I'm sorry you haven't found something concrete to help. What are the symptoms you attribute to vertigo? 

1 hour ago, CallieAndToby said:

Thanks for responding. Yea they told me the solution was physical therapy but there must be more to it than that. I'm sorry you haven't found something concrete to help. What are the symptoms you attribute to vertigo? 

I do go to physical therapy and after a session my vertigo is gone, but it returns the next day. For me, it is jumpy vision—if I turn my head, for instance, my vision jumps around and I lose my balance. This makes walking very unsteady.

16 hours ago, Sushi said:

I do go to physical therapy and after a session my vertigo is gone, but it returns the next day. For me, it is jumpy vision—if I turn my head, for instance, my vision jumps around and I lose my balance. This makes walking very unsteady.

I do fall a lot. I really can't differentiate between all of the symptoms and what's causing them. 

On 1/28/2022 at 6:46 AM, CallieAndToby said:

I do fall a lot. I really can't differentiate between all of the symptoms and what's causing them. 

It is not unusual to have confusion or even misdiagnosis between dysautonomia and inner ear conditions since there is a large overlap in symptoms, and both conditions can be hard to diagnose. One way to know if your dysautonomia is acting up is to keep track of your heart rate and blood pressure, and you can be more careful at times when they are off.

• 1 month later...

My daughters have had vertigo for about 13 years.  My oldest was 12 when it started.  Both use several things to keep it at bay.  That being said, they don't ride in elevators...EVER, can't use computers or tablets (phones are ok in very small amounts of time), reading is difficult as the horizontal text on the page is wavy to them and the words jump out, clothing patterns are a problem, etc.  The Epley maneuver does not work on them.  Theirs is from their nervous system, not inner ear.  

Keeping a check on bp is important,  too.  A lot of times their bp is low and end up with both vertigo and lightheadedness.

17 hours ago, DizzyGirls said:

My daughters have had vertigo for about 13 years.  My oldest was 12 when it started.  Both use several things to keep it at bay.  That being said, they don't ride in elevators...EVER, can't use computers or tablets (phones are ok in very small amounts of time), reading is difficult as the horizontal text on the page is wavy to them and the words jump out, clothing patterns are a problem, etc.  The Epley maneuver does not work on them.  Theirs is from their nervous system, not inner ear.  

Keeping a check on bp is important,  too.  A lot of times their bp is low and end up with both vertigo and lightheadedness.

I'm not sure if mine is an inner ear problem either. My laptop doesn't bother me but being in a moving vehicle or anything moving is really bothersome with the vertigo and crashes me. I'm still looking for answers. 

@CallieAndToby- It's one of the most difficult things to figure out, so we've been told.  A neurologist years ago told my daughter that if he had a nickle for every time a patient came to him with vertigo, he'd be a millionaire!  His grandson had it, so it was something that affected him personally and he still didn't have much to offer.  My daughters and I (when mine acts up) use Meclizine and my youngest and I use Sudafed along with it.  Benadryl also works well for breakthrough.  Both girls have to take benzos for theirs, as it is really hard to control.  I hope you find something to help you soon!