In hospital with elevated troponins...scared

Hi all. Over the last week I had increasingly severe chest pain and pins and needles along with being unusually fatigued. I went to the hospital 3 times this week begging them to examine my heart, but they took a look at my records and decided it was all typical pots stuff mixed with anxiety and told me it was mostly in my head and that I just need to relax more and do some yoga!

Tonight I couldn't bear the pain anymore so I went up again and told them I'm not leaving until they give me a cardiac workup as I can feel something isn't right with my body. A kind junior doctor listened to me and did a troponin and whaddya know it comes back significantly elevated and they immediately arrange for me to stay in the acute coronary ward.

So I'm being told now that I've likely either had a small heart attack, or have myocarditis from a mild COVID infection a few weeks ago. Nether of those options is very appealing and this is completely unexpected.

They're going to arrange an MRI and probably an angiogram/cardiac biopsy too which I'm dreading. Being only 28 and otherwise pretty healthy apart from crappy old POTS, this is terrifying and lonely. They're going to keep doing serial troponin checks and I'm praying the levels will start dropping and not raise any further. They've made it clear the troponin raise is too high to be from tachycardia alone and I don't have any other conditions that can cause a raise so they're certain it's my ticker. 

I would really appreciate any support, prayers, advice, anything.

19 minutes ago, MTRJ75 said:

Pitcher for the Red Sox had myocarditis from COVID last year. Couldn't even get out of bed for months. Not only returned this year, but did well enough to earn a big contract. Same age as you. If this is the case, have confidence that you can rebound. 

Ohh Eduardo Rodriguez, I'm reading his story now, this is pretty encouraging, thanks!