Winter Wonderland

MikeO

@MikeO @CallieAndToby22 - I live at high elevation smack in the middle of the Appalachian mountains. All we have here is undisturbed Forest, cool, clean creeks and cow fields everywhere. Most winters we have snow and it gets quite deep at times. I remember days when my german sheperd dissappeared in the snow! And what I love the most about snow is the smell - it smells so clean and fresh because it removes all of the impurities out of the air. And its super quiet - nothing moves, nothing stirs, and all you hear is the "Plod - Plod" of your boots. We have a steep hill field behind our house and there are many days filled with sleigh rides followed by hot chocolate .. One year the power was out for a week and we heated pots of clean snow on the wood stove for water. And the snow men that lived by the front door ... handsome fellas! 

Well, today is Christmas morning and its 45 degrees, no snow inside. But Santa came anyway and left some goodies under the tree. And as I sit here by the tree waiting for the house to stir I am thinking of everyone here on the forum and wish you all a very merry Christmas. May you be able to set aside our challenges and limitations for a day or so and rejoice in the holiday, family and friends and hopefully a lot of presents! ( Mike - did you get coal? )

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

@MikeO @CallieAndToby22 - I live at high elevation smack in the middle of the Appalachian mountains. All we have here is undisturbed Forest, cool, clean creeks and cow fields everywhere. Most winters we have snow and it gets quite deep at times. I remember days when my german sheperd dissappeared in the snow! And what I love the most about snow is the smell - it smells so clean and fresh because it removes all of the impurities out of the air. And its super quiet - nothing moves, nothing stirs, and all you hear is the "Plod - Plod" of your boots. We have a steep hill field behind our house and there are many days filled with sleigh rides followed by hot chocolate .. One year the power was out for a week and we heated pots of clean snow on the wood stove for water. And the snow men that lived by the front door ... handsome fellas! 

Well, today is Christmas morning and its 45 degrees, no snow inside. But Santa came anyway and left some goodies under the tree. And as I sit here by the tree waiting for the house to stir I am thinking of everyone here on the forum and wish you all a very merry Christmas. May you be able to set aside our challenges and limitations for a day or so and rejoice in the holiday, family and friends and hopefully a lot of presents! ( Mike - did you get coal? )

Oh Pistol sounds like you live in a slice of heaven as well. I so miss the days of sledding with the kids and hot chocolate afterwards. I too live in a forested area with hills and lakes leftover from the glacial time. Lots of cold spring fed creeks (many that the origin starts out close to me). As i woke up this morning all groggy and gleam i looked under the Christmas tree, yo and behold there are goodies under the tree. Santa must have seen that i was not on Pistols naughty list and left many nice things to be seen.

Merry Christmas Everyone and have a Happy New Years! 

17 hours ago, Nelson G. said:

@CallieAndToby22LOL THAT'S SO PRETTY

Thank you. 

23 hours ago, Pistol said:

That sounds lovely and Merry Christmas. It was very hot here which is unusual as we're usually burning wood in the fireplace by this time nevertheless, many people were outdoors taking advantage of the sunshine.