Help

Abe

I have been struggling all year.  Lets just say it has been a terrible year.  I was hospitalized for 3 days in May with high blood pressure and found out the first night that I tested positive for Covid.  The doctors were not sure if it was the Covid that spiked my blood pressure but got out of the hospital with a prescription for Metoprolol and Diltiazem in addition to the Lorazepam that I was currently on.  I lost my father in August and my adopted grandma couple of weeks ago.  I don't normally go anywhere but I had to be at my grandma's funeral last Tuesday.  I had my mask on for the majority of the time except when I needed to drink water.  Since then, not sure if it was the stress of the whole day or just still in a flare, or maybe my anxiety, my muscle tightness has gotten worse and doesn't seemed to respond to Lorazepam anymore.  I am not sleeping The worst part of it is my oxygen level that keeps fluctuating between 90 and 99.  I am a little worried that it might be this stupid covid thing again.  Not sure if I should go to the ER just to be careful.  I haven't been sleeping even worse than normal.  I monitored my temp and its always normal (97.6 and 98.4) so I am thinking its not covid but what do I know?.  Please any suggestion will be appreciated.  I have been freaking out for 3-4 days in a row.

dear @Abe - my husband and I both had COVID in September. I was very ill and developed pneumonia from it and spent 5 days in the hospital. My husband also had some complications but was able to stay home. Once we both recovered our oxygen levels stayed low, around 92-95 %, and we had some shortness of breath with exercise. We were told that is completely normal for the recovery period from COVID. 

It is also expected to go into a flare after a viral illness, so bear with your body. You have a lot of stressful events to recover from, so give it time. The muscle spasms can simply be a sign of all of the stress and anxiety you are dealing with. What helps me when I get them is half a muscle relaxer, I have a prescription for Flexeril. 

As far as I know most people that recover from COVID have - at least for a while - a natural immunity due to the antibodies. They are responsible for your recovery, so you can ask to get tested for antibodies. That way you can rest assured that you are protected for now and can at least stop worrying about getting COVID anytime soon. 

Be patient with yourself, it takes time to deal with everything that has happened to you this year. Best wishes!

14 hours ago, Pistol said:

dear @Abe - my husband and I both had COVID in September. I was very ill and developed pneumonia from it and spent 5 days in the hospital. My husband also had some complications but was able to stay home. Once we both recovered our oxygen levels stayed low, around 92-95 %, and we had some shortness of breath with exercise. We were told that is completely normal for the recovery period from COVID. 

It is also expected to go into a flare after a viral illness, so bear with your body. You have a lot of stressful events to recover from, so give it time. The muscle spasms can simply be a sign of all of the stress and anxiety you are dealing with. What helps me when I get them is half a muscle relaxer, I have a prescription for Flexeril. 

As far as I know most people that recover from COVID have - at least for a while - a natural immunity due to the antibodies. They are responsible for your recovery, so you can ask to get tested for antibodies. That way you can rest assured that you are protected for now and can at least stop worrying about getting COVID anytime soon. 

Be patient with yourself, it takes time to deal with everything that has happened to you this year. Best wishes!

Thank you so much @Pistol  What a wonderful lives we all live! At least, we have each other to lean on in times like these.  I have been literally scared to death about going to sleep the last three days thinking I might die in my sleep.  Woke up this morning and had a big panic attack.  Still suffering from the Adrenalin surge.  As you said, I am going to try and be patient with my body.  Just too difficult to do when so many things are happening in your body at once and you have not a single control of none of it.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, little_blue_jay said:

Abe,  how are you doing now?  

Thanks @little_blue_jayStill struggling but surviving.  Most days are miserable but God has been good to me.  I am still able to work a little bit.  My oxygen level seemed good except when my anxiety/panic is pretty bad.  The bodily pain and muscle spasms are worse but living with it,  None of my medications seemed to be helping but hoping this flair too, pass soon. My friends are pushing me to go down to Mayo Clinic but I'm just tired of the hospital setting and not sure how much they can help me.  Also it seemed to cost a lot to go there for a consult.