Got my third Moderna vaccine

Hi, I got my third (called additional) Moderna vaccine yesterday afternoon due to immunosuppression. Only Pfizer is approved for "booster" third vaccines as of yet for those 65 or older. But Moderna is approved under certain conditions if your original two vaccines were Moderna so I got mine because of being immunosuppressed. I found the nomenclature confusing. IMO they should just call all Pfizer and Moderna a third vaccine with whatever restrictions.

Anyway, slightly sore arm today. Nothing else.  About the same as the first vaccine. Everything went smoothly. No problems at all. I'll take it easy today out of precaution but I don't feel like I need to. So happy to have the extra protection (if it took) especially because of the less than optimal vaccine rates around here.   

Thanks for sharing.  It is very stressful as I have elderly relatives who got Moderna and are at 6 months after their 2nd dose.  There isn’t yet any official guidance on what to do for those not immunocompromised.  I have heard that a half dose may be proposed.  For my two doses of Moderna.  I had fever and exhaustion for about 24 hours.  I don’t think these were POTS symptoms.   It was painful but after I felt so much relief and I actually went out and did more activities.  I will follow whatever reasonable guidance that comes out.  It’s an evolving pandemic so I guess we have to be patient with the medical professionals.